• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be careful what you wish for....

Matt Foley

Somebody needs to take Fox out behind the woodshed, and whip his fvkcking ass, and teach him not to be so hard headed.

Changing coaches is a HUGE move. If he would just quit with his bullsh!t stubborn ass ways, we would be phenomenal.

Oh yeah...and get rid of Jake and get a real QB in the game.

Agreed, Martz and Seifert were handed the keys to a Ferrari and all they had to do was keep in on the road.

Coughlin made an expansion team a contender, then he made an under-achieving but talented Giants team champions.

Martz built that Ferrari himself. Seifert won with two different quarterbacks, and both his SB wins were blowouts. Walsh won three, but two of them were nailbiters.

it might have been the right move to keep the team from commiting huge turnovers, but not agianst a team like the saints. they have the top o in the league, we have a new defense. did any really think we could hold them down all game long? i didnt. thats why points were at a premium. and honestly points dont come out of the running game usually. you cant beat a good team with one hand behind your back!

An unfortunate lost fumble for a TD ended the game for us. We had the ball with 4:00 left in the game, down three, and turned it over. The Defense did their job against a first rate offense, and the Panthers were poised to take the 4:00 and force overtime or win the game. A turnover blew that chance.

BTW, I really don't understand what this even means:

honestly points dont come out of the running game usually

Martz built that Ferrari himself. Seifert won with two different quarterbacks, and both his SB wins were blowouts. Walsh won three, but two of them were nailbiters.

Seifert had the advantage of the bottomless Eddie Debartelo free agent check book.

The NFL Salary Cap was instituted in 1994, coincidentally the last 49er Super Bowl win. Lil' Eddie could no longer by championships. As a Ram fan, you know that. 2 years later, George was unemployed.

Seifert had the advantage of the bottomless Eddie Debartelo free agent check book.

The NFL Salary Cap was instituted in 1994, coincidentally the last 49er Super Bowl win. Lil' Eddie could no longer by championships. As a Ram fan, you know that. 2 years later, George was unemployed.

The Salary Cap crushed alot of teams. Manly the 49ers and the Cowboys because of that reason.

uh, why not just say they don't respond well to a lead, instead of using a euphemism that indicates they were doing something differently to achieve something then stopped?

or is this one of those things that can mean whatever you want it to mean based on circumstances?

maybe you should work on not getting butthurt when someone calls you out on using a completely meaningless, trite, twee catch phrase to try to sound like you know what you're talking about.

Maybe you should try acting like an adult and at least attempt to carry on a mature discussion instead of working so hard at being an internet bully and insult anyone you do not agree with. It’s a sad commentary on your upbringing.

Also, you still need those reading comprehension lessons. And forgive me for overestimating your ability to understand a simple point without having to spell it out for you. Now read slowly and pay attention, the term “letting off the gas” is a simple and quick way of making the point that the team played conservatively once they got the lead. The reason people use it, and the reason I used it is because everyone with half a brain understands exactly what is meant without having to go into some deep explanation to clear it up. Now there were some subtle changes (which I alluded to, and you apparantly missed). I’ll leave this point by saying that if you didn’t notice the change in intensity and aggression from the beginning of the game to the approach after they got the lead, well then I can’t help you for not recognizing the obvious.

which is probably a smart move when you lead the league in turnovers but whatev

Not when you are playing a team like the Saints who has not been stopped by anyone, and has proven this year that they are well able to come back quickly. And the turnovers this year do not explain why this has been a trend of Fox’s since he got here…which was the overall point I was making.

you want jake delhomme to throw. really.

When they were putting 9 in the box and run blitzing almost every down, yes, without a doubt. That’s what the winning and smart teams do…take advantage of what the opponent is giving you. You can’t be scared of your QB. If he can’t handle throwing it in that situation, then you’re done anyway.

and suicidal

I guess you are satisfied with mediocrity because that is what this gets you.

yeah god forbid the panthers keep the ball out of their terrible qbs hand and let him get the saints back in the game REALLY quick.

Yeah, instead let’s sit back and watch this monster offense get rolling and eat that lead away…just like they have with everyone else they have played. That’s the attitude of a mediocre team, not one that wants to be more.

lol no they weren't

Sorry, but they were.

oh great, offensive genius brian billick

Yep, he has made a career of studying the game and its intricacies. So whether you want to admit it or not (obviously not since it doesn’t support your argument) he has a level of credibility no one here does.

no one is talking about previous trends except you.

Lol, that was the point of my entire post :mad2: . Did I mention that you need reading comprehension lessons. The point of the whole thread was whether or not we should replace Fox, and I was simply talking about how his conservative nature limits how good of a coach he can be. And the fact that this has been a trend is obviously relevant since it indicates that we have probably seen everything we are going to get from him. And sorry, but others have talked about his nature throughout this thread.

again, no one is talking about previous games.

EVERYONE is talking about previous games. My lord, do you really think all these people that feel it is time for a change were happy as a lark about Fox as our HC then suddenly flipped and decided he should be gone only after this game? Or that the thread starter even thought about bringing up the point about dropping Fox and getting someone worse only after we lost to the Saints? I was being sarcastic when I said you needed reading comprehension lessons, but now I’m not so sure. Obviously you missed the point of this entire thread.

for this game, with this situation, with all these factors, what fox did was the right move. i'm sorry you have trouble understanding all the myriad factors that went in to this game. perhaps you should try nfl.com/kids to brush up on information.

also way to backpedal on taking your foot off the gas lol

:out:

Archived