Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Saturday NFL Playoff games


Mr. Scot

Recommended Posts

My wife is whining now, for the fourth day about it. After a contentious back and fourth---including "You need to compromise!", "I'm going out then!" and my reply "Bye, enjoy yourself!", and "My feelings are hurt!" and me saying "You're too old for this, you know the deal!"---I just might be in the "clear", though I wouldn't bet on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, top dawg said:

My wife is whining now, for the fourth day about it. After a contentious back and fourth---including "You need to compromise!", "I'm going out then!" and my reply "Bye, enjoy yourself!", and "My feelings are hurt!" and me saying "You're too old for this, you know the deal!"---I just might be in the "clear", though I wouldn't bet on it.

 

She's out of town with family this weekend, but I like having an SO who's a football fan.

 

 

Granted it'd be better if she wasn't a hardcore Cowboys fan, but hey...

Link to post
Share on other sites

They were showing Frank Reich's comeback game on NFL Network. Made me ponder something.

The Panthers yanked Reich for Kerry Collins about three games into the season. Wonder how things might have been different if they'd stuck with Reich and let Collins spend his whole first season learning.

That first season might not have finished as well, but would Collins have been better off long-term?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

She's out of town with family this weekend, but I like having an SO who's a football fan.

 

 

Granted it'd be better if she wasn't a hardcore Cowboys fan, but hey...

My wife will casually watch the Panthers as she watches YT videos, scans FB, and plays Addiction Solitaire. She fancies herself a Panthers fan, but I do razz her about being a Cowboys fan! Why? Because her sister is a Cowboys fan, and whenever the family has a chance to get together and watch a Panthers-Cowboys game (or even a Packers-Cowboys game, because I have a Cheesehead nephew), my wife will root for her sister's team to not do so bad because "everybody is ganging up on my sister." I then get to calling her a Cowboys fan and tell her I'm getting her some Cowboys gear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

My wife will casually watch the Panthers as she watches YT videos, scans FB, and plays Addiction Solitaire. She fancies herself a Panthers fan, but I do razz her about being a Cowboys damn! Why? Because her sister is a Cowboys fan, and whenever the family has a chance to get together and watch a Panthers-Cowboys game (or even a Packers-Cowboys game, because I have a Cheesehead nephew), my wife will root for her sister's team to not do so bad because "everybody is ganging up on my sister." I then get to calling her a Cowboys fan and tell her I'm getting her some Cowboys gear. 

 

Lady Cowboy Fan is, shall we say, aggressive in her Cowboy fanhood.

She'll fight you :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Lady Cowboy Fan is, shall we say, aggressive in her Cowboy fanhood.

She'll fight you :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Yeah, man, my sister-in-law is a gear-wearing Cowboys fan! She isn't hard hardcore, but she takes it all in stride. The thing that gets me is that she divorced her husband a decade ago (and it was somewhat contentious), and he is a hardcore Cowboys fan as much as I am a Panthers fan. I tell my sister-in-law, "It's OK to switch to the Panthers now. The only reason you're a Cowboys fan is because of your ex!" She (nor her daughters) won't budge though! They'll be Cowboys fans until they die!

I'm still going to keep razzing them though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, man, my sister-in-law is a gear-wearing Cowboys fan! She isn't hard hardcore, but she takes it all in stride. The thing that gets me is that she divorced her husband a decade ago (and it was somewhat contentious), and he is a hardcore Cowboys fan as much as I am a Panthers fan. I tell my sister-in-law, "It's OK to switch to the Panthers now. The only reason you're a Cowboys fan is because of your ex!" She (nor her daughters) won't budge though! They'll be Cowboys fans until they die!

I'm still going to keep razzing them though!

 

I'm resigned to the fact that I'm going to live the next several years of my life surrounded by Cowboys gear :fear:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, top dawg said:

My wife is whining now, for the fourth day about it. After a contentious back and fourth---including "You need to compromise!", "I'm going out then!" and my reply "Bye, enjoy yourself!", and "My feelings are hurt!" and me saying "You're too old for this, you know the deal!"---I just might be in the "clear", though I wouldn't bet on it.

Sounds like my wife!!! "Ok honey, I'm going out with the girls!!"  "You better come spend some time with me!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...