• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chance of resigning Moton and Samuel

AU-panther

Moton - 90%+. If we can't work out a deal he'll be franchised. You can't just let an elite young OT hit the market and settle for a 3rd round comp pick. 

Samuel - 25% chance at best and that's likely being generous. We can't afford to give a #3 WR big money and someone with a worse situation at WR likely will throw big money at him. The Giants would be a very good bet with Gettleman looking to be back.

Non-hedging predictions...

Moton - 100%

Samuel - 0%

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Moton - 90%+. If we can't work out a deal he'll be franchised. You can't just let an elite young OT hit the market and settle for a 3rd round comp pick. 

Samuel - 25% chance at best and that's likely being generous. We can't afford to give a #3 WR big money and someone with a worse situation at WR likely will throw big money at him. The Giants would be a very good bet with Gettleman looking to be back.

Non-hedging predictions...

Moton - 100%

Samuel - 0%

Do we let Robby walk after next year also?

If so we have Moore and who for 2022?  Which if we draft a QB this year could possible be their first year starting.

Is WR a bigger need this year than some think in the draft?

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Samuel doesn't have better hands than Anderson or Moore. Teddy's skill set doesn't even mesh well with Anderson's. There were multiple occasions that if he had let the ball loose earlier, as Anderson made his breaks and the window was wider, he could've actually given Anderson a chance to be even more efficient than he was. I think that the same can be said of Moore to a lesser extent. Teddy was probably looking for Samuel more, because Samuel's strengths are more fitting with Teddy's sometimes detrimental penchant for risk aversion. Samuel knows how to get open on those short to intermediate routes against those slot corners probably better than any receiver on the team, and that is Teddy's thing. I don't know if it plays to Samuel's strengths to be on the outside, but Anderson can thrive on the outside and draw coverage away from the short to mid level of the defense, opening it up for the other guys. Mind you, I'm not trying to criticize the receivers' games, just speaking to their strengths and what probably puts them in the best light and position to succeed. I don't think that we've seen any of their best, because Teddy's play does not maximize their skill sets, particularly Anderson's. And yet, they were all productive. Why criticize Anderson and say his production was a product of Teddy staring him down, but then go to praise Moore and Samuel for being on so much better? They all have their pluses and minuses! Teddy is the biggest minus in the whole equation though.

Not denying that! I wasn't trying to say that Anderson was a bad player or anything; far from it. They all excel at different things and serve different purposes and if it wasn't for our cap situation I'd gladly keep all three because I think that can be one of if not the best WR trio in the league.  It is just that at least currently I think Samuel has the higher ceiling and upside because he's been improving over time and he's younger so if it came down to picking between the two of them I would go with Samuel. Anderson is 27. Certainly not a fossil or anything, but I'm not sure if he'll be as good as he is now once we're competing for championships since this a long-term rebuild. Those speedier guys tend to slow down very quickly too. The concern about Samuel not being able to play on the outside as well is a valid one, but at least in 2019 I thought when he lined up there he did pretty well. If you recall, Kyle missed him deep a lot last season and in a lot of those instances at least he was on the outside. 

I would love to see all three of these guys with a new QB but I just don't know that it is a realistic possibility at this point in time thanks to Herniay's handling of our cap.

I’ve never understood why the panthers have always sucked at staying below the salary cap and managing contracts. We seem to almost always have no cap room. Meanwhile teams like Tampa bay, Jacksonville and the saints sign big time free agents on a yearly basis.

Archived