• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Left Tackle options

AU-panther

Our best chance to upgrade at LT might actually be to upgrade at guard.

What I mean is you can't force an upgrade.  Unless we want to spend big money on FA, which there aren't many, chances are we probably won't be great at LT this year.  Even if we spend a draft pick on one history tells us they probably won't even be average their first year.

With that being said you don't' have to have an all-pro at every spot on your line.  Sign Moton, try your best to upgrade the interior spots, maybe we can find a cheap upgrade at the guard spot.  

3 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I do. If we trade back, Darrisaw would be a fine option as well, but I really, really like Slater. Sewell is the pipe dream, but Slater is more of a reality.

If Slater reports in shape with 34'+arms, he will be long gone before 8th. Hes pulling a Clowney living off one game/play. Young did give most nfl OT issues, while Slater held him in check... for one game 

Hes on my radar for 8th, just depends on his arms length. 

7 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I do. If we trade back, Darrisaw would be a fine option as well, but I really, really like Slater. Sewell is the pipe dream, but Slater is more of a reality.

Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw will all end up going top 15.

This is quite the LT class. 

I can easily see LT being the pick at 8. Fitterer and Rhule love athletes. Darrisaw is so damn athletic. The dude can absolute move. 

Archived