• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Thread: 3 The Ohio State Buckeyes vs 1 Alabama Crimson Tide 8 PM All ESPN Networks

16 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Sure. I like DJ, but Clemson was average as hell on defense this year. They weren't really good by any means. We'll see how DJ does without those weapons too. 

Clemson likely will be better next year.  OL will be better.  They were all first year starters but 1.  Defense will be better.  DL is young and talented.  WR options hopefully will be better as the position decimated by injury this year.  

and Clemson's defenses have been pretty consistent during this run to 6 straight college playoffs.  Backend is always consistently hot garbage.   All they generally are is a super strong DL with an aggressive scheme.   Random decent guys might pop in and out of the backend you got to avoid but overall they always suck vs the pass. (if you can survive the front and have weapons).    

52 minutes ago, CRA said:

Clemson likely will be better next year.  OL will be better.  They were all first year starters but 1.  Defense will be better.  DL is young and talented.  WR options hopefully will be better as the position decimated by injury this year.  

and Clemson's defenses have been pretty consistent during this run to 6 straight college playoffs.  Backend is always consistently hot garbage.   All they generally are is a super strong DL with an aggressive scheme.   Random decent guys might pop in and out of the backend you got to avoid but overall they always suck vs the pass. (if you can survive the front and have weapons).    

If the Clemson O-Line guys opt back in they'll go from not good to solid. Agreed. D-Line is young, but we'll see if they take that next step. I also believed Xavier Thomas would've been better he was very meh this year. Starting to think he just doesn't have it. If he stays, Clemson's D-Line can't get worse. Etienne leaving cannot be understated. 

Regardless, they lose a lot I expect them to make the Playoff though because outside of UNC the ACC is not impressive. Miami is a toss up, especially with King tearing his ACL. 

1 minute ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

If the Clemson O-Line guys opt back in they'll go from not good to solid. Agreed. D-Line is young, but we'll see if they take that next step. I also believed Xavier Thomas would've been better he was very meh this year. Starting to think he just doesn't have it. If he stays, Clemson's D-Line can't get worse. Etienne leaving cannot be understated. 

Regardless, they lose a lot I expect them to make the Playoff though because outside of UNC the ACC is not impressive. Miami is a toss up, especially with King tearing his ACL. 

I don't understand why people think Etienne is special. He just looks like a run of the mill "good" college RB playing in an elite team. 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't understand why people think Etienne is special. He just looks like a run of the mill "good" college RB playing in an elite team. 

I'd say he is a little more than that.  I think you described Wayne Gallman.  I think Etienne is in whatever tier is ahead of Gallman.  But yeah, Etienne was never a Leonard Fournette.  Or Travis Henry.  Heck, he wasn't even a CJ Spiller. 

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Am I? Reminds me a lot of AJ. But, AJ had less weapons. If we pick Mac Jones, I'll be pissed. It's not a good pick at all. 

Just going to respectfully disagree. I think we'll snag him with our first round pick.

People really thought I was crazy when I said we'd take CMC with our first round draft pick, too. Said he was just a flash in the pan, little white kid. What did I know?

11 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Yeah, he's a really good RB. So, yeah. I'm not going to agree with you here. 

He's a really good college RB. I'm just not seeing elite NFL RB traits. He's not a guy I would spend a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on. Just being honest. I'll be surprised if he's ever an impact NFL player.

47 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Had better stats than all of them. 

He also played 4 years in a weak ACC

I mean Etienne was good.  There most defiantly have been a lot better in college.  And I still say CJ Spiller was better. 

3 hours ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

Somebody explain me this: What is the deal with teams like Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State? Do they just get all the 5 star recruits at every single position and back ups made up of 5 star recruits as well? Is that why the dominate year after year after year?

Yes.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a really good college RB. I'm just not seeing elite NFL RB traits. He's not a guy I would spend a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on. Just being honest. I'll be surprised if he's ever an impact NFL player.

I would spend a second rounder on him, he was hurt a bit this season. At least he looked like it, and Clemson's offense wasn't nearly as dynamic. 

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Just going to respectfully disagree. I think we'll snag him with our first round pick.

People really thought I was crazy when I said we'd take CMC with our first round draft pick, too. Said he was just a flash in the pan, little white kid. What did I know?

Meh. Terrible comparison. McCaffrey was a do it all RB. Mac Jones is a QB that had weapons galore. Even Joel Klatt said he wasn't a big fan. His arm talent isn't that great. I would be very, very, unhappy with him being the pick at 8. 

Archived