• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opening Night!!

Anybodyhome

Thursday night, January 14 @ 7:30 in Detroit.

In related news, the Red Wings waived Andrei Svechnikov's older brother, Evgeny, on Monday. A few fairly significant injuries have kept him off the ice more than on since being drafted. Rumor is Carolina may be interested.

Monday's 5-on-5 scrimmage at game speed showed the Canes lines as follows:

Brind’Amour opened with the forward lines he has maintained in camp. Sebastian Aho centered Teuvo Teravainen and Nino Niederreiter, Vincent Trocheck was at center with Andrei Svechnikov and Jesper Fast, Jordan Staal centered Warren Foegele and Martin Necas, and Jordan Martinook centered Brock McGinn and Ryan Dzingel.

image.png.dd2411957cff215ef9abb1b72c4e4625.png

21 hours ago, Zod said:

I am really gonna try getting into the canes this season bros

Writing up a fairly long summary of what you need to know about the Canes in your other thread... It'll be worth it and it'll be worth getting into this team and the NHL this year. Was hesitant myself before the past few years but it's quickly grown on me and the Canes as of right now are by far the best and most exciting team in the Carolinas this year and probably the next decade plus depending on the Panthers GM hire and QB search.

Pumped for opening night, I expect us to start off extremely hot like we have the past few seasons, even moreso this year due to the relatively easy start to the schedule and due to how much of the team is returning from last year so we should have chemistry right off the bat. Just hoping we don't fall into that funk after the opening stretch like we have the past 2 years as well. Wish we played tonight, at least the Hornets should be a good watch

2 hours ago, t96 said:

Writing up a fairly long summary of what you need to know about the Canes in your other thread... It'll be worth it and it'll be worth getting into this team and the NHL this year. Was hesitant myself before the past few years but it's quickly grown on me and the Canes as of right now are by far the best and most exciting team in the Carolinas this year and probably the next decade plus depending on the Panthers GM hire and QB search.

Pumped for opening night, I expect us to start off extremely hot like we have the past few seasons, even moreso this year due to the relatively easy start to the schedule and due to how much of the team is returning from last year so we should have chemistry right off the bat. Just hoping we don't fall into that funk after the opening stretch like we have the past 2 years as well. Wish we played tonight, at least the Hornets should be a good watch

I've been trying for 2 years to get him to watch Canes games. Here's hoping the seed that was planted is finally starting to grow.

33 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Excited for the season. Gonna try to watch as many games as possible this year. For all the talk about goalies they aren't even the reason why we lost in the playoffs. The Bruins just bulled us all over the over. The team desperately needs some toughness.

Not to mention the refs fugged up how many goals?

Archived