• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A case for Tyler Thigpen

Ricky Spanish

I said we should've traded for him way before the deal with the Dolphins happened (as many of you did)... But, it really pisses me off that the Phins got him for a 5th and he's 3rd on their depth chart (technically). I think we need to offer them a 4th in the offseason b/c I doubt they'll settle for less.

Our front office really did f*ck this one up, and purposely IMO. They're reasoning for Jake remaining the starter is that there wasn't any comparable QB behind him... PROBLEM!

Then why not bring in a guy who has proven he has some ability, has experience, is young, and has great potential for the same thing we traded for a DT that lasted 2 games? That's not Leonard's fault, but we could've had a guy that was our QB of the future.

We f'ed up twice in this. We didn't try to acquire him, and on top of that, his contract runs through next year. I really think the best option to add a QB was between Thigpen and T. Jackson, although I think Thigpen is the better of the two.

I've liked this guy since I first seen him playin for KC and really thought that we should have made a move for him. The good thing is we've done business with Miami before and we prolly can make this trade happen since next season they'll have Pennington, Henne, and White. Hell if ya'll wanna send Pennington or Henne instead, by all means please do!!

I've liked this guy since I first seen him playin for KC and really thought that we should have made a move for him. The good thing is we've done business with Miami before and we prolly can make this trade happen since next season they'll have Pennington, Henne, and White. Hell if ya'll wanna send Pennington or Henne instead, by all means please do!!

this is penningtons last year on his contract....you guys should go after him :cool:

and hell no to getting henne. hes ours. :P

Tell you what would be the ultimate irony, we pick up Pennington and then trade for Thigpen. We would be the Carolina Pantherfins.

In all seriosness how good of a passer is this Tyler we traded for. Tank is one hell of a QB -sarcasm-. Wait I can have a backup DT or a QB who showed tons of potential when you are a team that is one good QB away from a SB. Hurney should be fired for this alone.

Thigpen is horrible. Go watch the highlight reel that original link has. All his long balls had one thing woefully in common. They were all underthrown drastically, the kid has no arm strenght, he is a turnover machine waiting to happen. Sure he is a winner and I liked seeing that but he is incapable of throwing it deep.

Thigpen is horrible. Go watch the highlight reel that original link has. All his long balls had one thing woefully in common. They were all underthrown drastically, the kid has no arm strenght, he is a turnover machine waiting to happen. Sure he is a winner and I liked seeing that but he is incapable of throwing it deep.

Jake is horrible. Thigpen is a breath of fresh air. I do agree he doesn't have the greatest arm but its not like we are talking about drafting him in the 1st round. For a 5th rounder with our current QB situation Hurney is an idiot for not getting him.

Archived