• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In other NFL news

Mr. Scot

Well, here's a story people are really gonna love...

On a recent episode of “Patriots Talk Podcast” with Tom E. Curran, former New England safety Rodney Harrison (now an NBC analyst) vehemently disagreed with the idea of Newton getting a second season with the Patriots.

“That would be the worst decision [Belichick] has ever made,” said Harrison. “Because now you’re not being fair to your team. When I saw what I saw with Cam, every time I saw Cam play pretty much I was hurt. Because I was a guy that believed in Cam, and when you see him drop back and he continues to throw the ball into the ground, throw it five feet or five yards above somebody else, you’re like, ‘What are you doing, Cam?’

“Trust me, we’re all fans,” Harrison added. “And yeah we’re Patriot fans, but we’re football fans. We want to see these young men do well in their lives and in their livelihood. And so everybody was sitting back rooting for Cam.

“But yeah I would say this: You have to find a quarterback,” Harrison explained. “It would be a terrible mistake for Bill Belichick to bring Cam back because Cam can’t play football anymore. He just can’t play quarterback in the National Football League.”

Rodney Harrison says it would be a terrible mistake for the Patriots to bring Cam Newton back

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He just can’t play quarterback in the National Football League.”

He's not wrong. Cam isn't even a shadow of his former self. His shoulder is shot. He's a smart guy who has some business acumen. He'll be fine. But he should sign a one-day contract, retire a Panther, and await his election to the ring of honor.

11 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

He's not wrong. Cam isn't even a shadow of his former self. His shoulder is shot. He's a smart guy who has some business acumen. He'll be fine. But he should sign a one-day contract, retire a Panther, and await his election to the ring of honor.

Our buddy Ellis has been arguing just the opposite.

Me? I don't know. It's valid to say he had flashes last year but overall looked pretty bad.

He might still be able to play but sixteen games as a starter is a rough road.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's valid to say he had flashes last year but overall looked pretty bad.

Yeah, he had moments when he looked like his old self. Some quite impressive. But the overall picture is what QBs are judged on. Hell, Teddy had moments last year when he looked like the guy. I love Cam, but for his legacy's sake, I think he should hang 'em up.