• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup QB philosophy

Mr. Scot

Pooing every one of you sumbeeches for lacking forward thinking. You have a chance to lock up a starting caliber QB about to enter his prime for a back up QB price, and you’re whining over 5 years? Are you worried he’s going to be less than back up QB material over his prime? That would be the only way your argument makes sense.

You’re paying him backup QB money. He’d be one of the best backup QBs in the league over the next 5 years. Anyway, please continue to find more gifs instead of actually forming a thought on what backup QB would be better than Mitch. 

• Poo 2

There are 32 teams with guys paid to evaluate talent.  We just shoot from the hip on a message board.

If Mitch was THAT good, there would be a line forming to get him.  Who knows, there might be, but his inconsistency might dictate more like a 2 year deal for 7 million.

10 minutes ago, stirs said:

There are 32 teams with guys paid to evaluate talent.  We just shoot from the hip on a message board.

If Mitch was THAT good, there would be a line forming to get him.  Who knows, there might be, but his inconsistency might dictate more like a 2 year deal for 7 million.

I don't think I'd be willing to do more than a 1 year deal, TBH. He's probably worth a flier at maybe $2-2.5 mil for two years. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I don't think I'd be willing to do more than a 1 year deal, TBH. He's probably worth a flier at maybe $2-2.5 mil for two years. 

That is probably what I would do also, but again, there are 32 teams and someone will have the extra cap room for a flier

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

Pooing every one of you sumbeeches for lacking forward thinking. You have a chance to lock up a starting caliber QB about to enter his prime for a back up QB price, and you’re whining over 5 years? Are you worried he’s going to be less than back up QB material over his prime? That would be the only way your argument makes sense.

You’re paying him backup QB money. He’d be one of the best backup QBs in the league over the next 5 years. Anyway, please continue to find more gifs instead of actually forming a thought on what backup QB would be better than Mitch. 

WTF kind of dipshit signs a backup QB to a five year contract? That's one of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted on the Huddle. 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

WTF kind of dipshit signs a backup QB to a five year contract? That's one of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted on the Huddle. 

The kind that thinks he could still be a legitimate top 15 QB in the league. 

You think Mitch is going to get a one year, $2 million deal? lol at you

• Poo 2

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think Mitch will get some traction on a moderate sized($3-5 mil) one year deal. 

Ok just read this post where you shifted to 3-5 mil instead of the 2-2.5 in your previous post. Still think you’re off, but you’re already creeping closer to the $5 mil I suggested.  So you’re only beef is with the length of the contract. Well, if he plays next year like he played the 2nd half of this season, you will have a steal for four more years at $5 mil per. 

• Poo 2

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For whatever you think of him (and I'm not a big Trubisky fan, for sure) it'd probably still be kinda hard to justify giving Trubisky less of a contract than Taylor Heinecke got.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to justify it. Washington always makes dumb moves. Why would other teams follow them?

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, it's pretty easy to justify it. Washington always makes dumb moves. Why would other teams follow them?

Don't think his agent would accept that line of reasoning.

Again though, it won't exactly hurt my feelings if that offer comes from somebody else.

11 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Ok just read this post where you shifted to 3-5 mil instead of the 2-2.5 in your previous post. Still think you’re off, but you’re already creeping closer to the $5 mil I suggested.  So you’re only beef is with the length of the contract. Well, if he plays next year like he played the 2nd half of this season, you will have a steal for four more years at $5 mil per. 

There is no fuging reason for us to take him OTHER than being on a cheap one year deal. We need to be preserving our cap for players that actually have a chance to be a part of our franchise in 3-4 years.

Trubisky is closer to a bottom 15 QB than a top 15 QB. That is also dumb. Are you trying to set a Huddle record for the amount of dumb posts in one thread?