• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup QB philosophy

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No other team in the NFL makes that deal.

I'm not convinced every team in the league sees Trubisky the same way we do. Heck, even the Panthers might have a higher opinion. Hard to say. There have been rumors.

Bottom Line: There's 32 teams out there and it only takes one.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There is no fuging reason for us to take him OTHER than being on a cheap one year deal. We need to be preserving our cap for players that actually have a chance to be a part of our franchise in 3-4 years.

Trubisky is closer to a bottom 15 QB than a top 15 QB. That is also dumb. Are you trying to set a Huddle record for the amount of dumb posts in one thread?

I tell ya what, we’ll let what actually happens determine who’s dumb here. If Mitch plays next year on a one year, 2-2.5 mil deal, then I’m dumb. If he plays for 5+ mil, then look in the mirror pal. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Just now, stirs said:

You might have the same opinion, but would not be yelling it through gritted teeth.

Me? Na, not worked up a bit, my man. Just having fun. You’ll have to pardon me if posters who insist my take is dumb and from a dipshit don’t immediately gain my respect. Especially when the same poster can’t decide in two consecutive posts what he thinks the QB we're discussing is worth, yet is sure my take is horrible. 

I stand by my statement that locking Trubisky up over the next 5 years for backup QB money would be a positive for the Panthers. 

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

Me? Na, not worked up a bit, my man. Just having fun. You’ll have to pardon me if posters who insist my take is dumb and from a dipshit don’t immediately gain my respect. Especially when the same poster can’t decide in two consecutive posts what he thinks the QB we're discussing is worth, yet is sure my take is horrible. 

I stand by my statement that locking Trubisky up over the next 5 years for backup QB money would be a positive for the Panthers. 

From a pure purchasing standpoint, buying and selling, why the middle ground?

If teams see him as a good enough player for a 5 year deal, then how can his agent let them get by with only $5 million per season?

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not convinced every team in the league sees Trubisky the same way we do. Heck, even the Panthers might have a higher opinion. Hard to say. There have been rumors.

Bottom Line: There's 32 teams out there and it only takes one.

I'm talking about the Heinicke deal. No other team in the NFL gives him that deal.

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

From a pure purchasing standpoint, buying and selling, why the middle ground?

If teams see him as a good enough player for a 5 year deal, then how can his agent let them get by with only $5 million per season?

Valid point and appreciate the discussion. I’m not saying we’d be able to pull it off, but with the uncertainty surrounding his landing spot next year and his clear ties to our area, I’d try to secure him for as long and as cheap as possible. His potential, even at this point in his career, is on par with QBs some want to sell the farm for to move up in the draft. 

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm talking about the Heinicke deal. No other team in the NFL gives him that deal.

Heinicke? Probably not.

I'd say this though: In a given offseason, I might hear myself saying "wow, they got him for cheap"...or I might not.

On the flipside, the exclamation "holy sh-t, they paid that for him?'" probably gets used up to a half dozen times on an annual basis.

(pretty frequently on the first day of free agency)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1