• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

T Lance film and write up

raleigh-panther

11 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Where there's smoke there might be fire. There's just too much info like this to blow it off.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/article/qb-klassroom/quantifying-quarterbacks-trey-lance

Great article, but I do notice that he doesn't discuss some of the scheme issues and mechanical issues that lead to some of those stats. Most of the scouting info specifically mentions that because it does stand out when you see his inaccurate throws. I definitely like the stats based breakdown though. Excellent stuff.

It doesn't make me change my personal opinion of him. He is easily the most talented QB with the highest ceiling of the top 4 guys. But he also has the biggest leap to make to being NFL ready. If we take him at 8, I will be the first preaching patience. 

My biggest reason for wanting him is because his intangibles seem to be very, very high. You don't get that a lot in these upper tier talent guys and I believe he is the sort of guy that will do what it takes to keep getting better. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:26 AM, kungfoodude said:

I have heard multiple people say he has a second round grade(The Draft Network analysts being one source). 

But I would be surprised if he doesn't get taken in the top 10. The QB desperation is so great he will get drafted ahead of his grade.

I think we will have to reach if we want a QB at #8, too many teams wanting them this year. As much as I hate the idea of reaching for a pick, it's the reality if we want a QB this season. 2nd round grade or not, I'd be surprised if Wilson, Jones, Lawrence, Lance, and Fields weren't all taken in the top 15. Maybe top 10.