Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Teddy Bridgewater likely on the outs in Carolina


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. You’re an idiot. Do you understand that Teddy’s new cash in 2021 is $18M and his guarantee is $10M? There is no “paid in full” with a release. The team still actually saves $8M and $20Mish in 2022. Is that actually difficult to understand because that’s twice now that you still haven’t gotten that releasing him is a worst case option where we actually save almost $30M in cap space over the next two years.

I have no idea if he’ll be traded but when NFL analysts are discussing that teams are interested I’m not going to say there’s no chance. Our leverage is that we don’t have to release him. I think that would be a waste of cap space but it would mean that others teams couldn’t wait for the release. 

Thank you he don’t know anything, fixing to put him on ignore he’s not smart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Lol. You’re an idiot.

Do you understand that Teddy’s new cash in 2021 is $18M and his guarantee is $10M?

There is no “paid in full” with a release.

Ya think?  You're not alone!

I may be an idiot but everyone knows that in the NFL if it's not guaranteed it never happened...

...paid-in-full references the guaranteed portion of the ironclad contract which is in place between TB5 and the Carolina Panthers...

...is fully paying out Teddy with a $10,000,000 check to walk the best course of action for the team?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stbugs said:

He’s either a troll, which is sad, or to use his words delusional, which is also sad. I mean when your pie is negative overall and you still think you’re right about everything? That’s pretty scary. I’m delusional for believing Teddy will be gone and he can’t even see trading for Darnold as being a sign. Lol, delusional indeed.

Pretty sure it's our old friend, Sanjay. He pulls a lot of the same dumb stunts.

Won't be too surprised if he gets banned again soon. I know he the living sh-t out of the mods with some of this stuff.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure it's our old friend, Sanjay. He pulls a lot of the same dumb stunts.

Won't be too surprised if he gets banned again soon. I know he the living sh-t out of the mods with some of this stuff.

Oh, I remember old Sanjay. Wasn’t he the TE guy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure it's our old friend, Sanjay. He pulls a lot of the same dumb stunts.

Is it Sanjay?  Or Chuck? Or someone else? 

Or none of the above?!?

Like Darnold you're seeing ghosts...

While you may not like the positions I take they all have merit and in the great United States of America we are all entitled to an opinion...

...and, it's beneath you to be groveling for a ban -- weak sauce there bud.

(was there a Chuck?  think I remember you rolling that one out there?)

Edited by SizzleBuzz
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Oh, I remember old Sanjay. Wasn’t he the TE guy?

Yeah, same MO. Latch on to and obsess over a single concept that he thinks makes him look smarter than everybody else (in this case believing that he understands how David Tepper does business) while not understanding that all it really does is annoy people. Then make a bunch of bold predictions based on that, pretty much all of which turn out to be wrong, but still talk as if he were a big deal.

And therein lies the problem, I think. He wants to be a big deal, but the way he goes about it just isn't productive.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Gotcha.

Let's approach it another way, do you believe it's in the best interests of the Panthers to pay out Teddy's contract in-full and also cut him thereby getting absolutely nothing in return?

Is that a sensible path?

 

Majority of the salary is now a sunk cost (to what degree is variable across a spectrum), so the decision comes down to what the team values for that sunk cost. If they place higher value on the roster spot/flexibility in having other players potentially see the field/etc then that's what they're buying with the cost associated with the decision to cut/trade. If they place higher value on having Teddy on the roster for X/Y/Z reason(s) then that's what they're buying with the sunk cost of the decision to retain.

My opinion is that while neither is optimal the team is better off in the former scenario, but there is a long time to go between now and the season. Teddy's presence itself is binary amongst the spectrum of possible financial outcomes. At this point the team seems fine with possibly being without Teddy even if, at a minimum, a good portion of the salary remains. It stands to reason they are leaning toward the former option rather than the latter, supported by the comments at the end of the season and start of the offseason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Thank you he don’t know anything, fixing to put him on ignore he’s not smart.

It’s one of the best decisions I’ve made on this site. You still see his posts when others quote him but it’s a ton better. 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KSpan said:

Majority of the salary is now a sunk cost (to what degree is variable across a spectrum), so the decision comes down to what the team values for that sunk cost. If they place higher value on the roster spot/flexibility in having other players potentially see the field/etc then that's what they're buying with the cost associated with the decision to cut/trade. If they place higher value on having Teddy on the roster for X/Y/Z reason(s) then that's what they're buying with the sunk cost of the decision to retain.

My opinion is that while neither is optimal the team is better off in the former scenario, but there is a long time to go between now and the season. Teddy's presence itself is binary amongst the spectrum of possible financial outcomes. At this point the team seems fine with possibly being without Teddy even if, at a minimum, a good portion of the salary remains. It stands to reason they are leaning toward the former option rather than the latter, supported by the comments at the end of the season and start of the offseason.

Unlike the other 99.8%...

...you do deserve credit for  a modicum of logic and a somewhat cogent position.

Good onya mate.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...