• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Micah Parsons runs 4.39

TheWiz

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Statistically for his career, he is average.  As far as our offense, the offensive line was not very good and the run game was below average with CMC out.  

Not that I am defending Bridgewater.  My issues with him last year were not his overall play, nor his less than stellar deep passing ability.  It was his terrible play during crunch time.  For most of the season, he would play fairly well for most of the game, then fall apart in the fourth qtr.  Which is why we lost so many close games.  

Teddy is above average at taking what a defense will give him.  

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Statistically for his career, he is average.  As far as our offense, the offensive line was not very good and the run game was below average with CMC out.  

Not that I am defending Bridgewater.  My issues with him last year were not his overall play, nor his less than stellar deep passing ability.  It was his terrible play during crunch time.  For most of the season, he would play fairly well for most of the game, then fall apart in the fourth qtr.  Which is why we lost so many close games.  

The average QB last season tossed 24 TDs. I am tired of hearing that Teddy is average, Herbert was a rookie with a much worse o-line and he tossed 31 tds. Teddy is not starting QB material, I wish people would stop saying he is an average starting QB. Teddy is trash and should only be a backup used in spots.

An example of an average starting QB last season is Phillip Rivers. Teddy is nowhere near that range.

Edited by PootieNunu

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

The average QB last season tossed 24 TDs. I am tired of hearing that Teddy is average, Herbert was a rookie with a much worse o-line and he tossed 31 tds. Teddy is not starting QB material, I wish people would stop saying he is an average starting QB.

And I wish people would stop using td passes as the only indicator of a qb's success or lackthere of.  Given that teams have different styles of play, how many td's a qb tossed can be irrelevant to the discussion.  Some teams use the run game more.  In Cam's best year, I think he only threw 25 or so, yet he was MVP.  And yes, I know he ran for quite a few as well. but the point is you can't use td passes exclusively.  And based on a look at all the stats, Bridgewater ranked around 17th or 18th among NFL qb's that started most of the games.  

Here is ESPN's qbr rating.  Not that I take it as the qb bible, but its interesting none the less.  TB's rating is 17th, ie average.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Of course, if you throw in 4th qtr stats, he ranks much lower, which was my original point.  

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly want to keep Teddy, and if we get a shot to improve at qb, we should.   To win with him, we would have to build a dominant defense, and offensive line.  And that would be difficult.   I just don't think he is as bad as some here make him out.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

And I wish people would stop using td passes as the only indicator of a qb's success or lackthere of.  Given that teams have different styles of play, how many td's a qb tossed can be irrelevant to the discussion.  Some teams use the run game more.  In Cam's best year, I think he only threw 25 or so, yet he was MVP.  And yes, I know he ran for quite a few as well. but the point is you can't use td passes exclusively.  And based on a look at all the stats, Bridgewater ranked around 17th or 18th among NFL qb's that started most of the games.  

Here is ESPN's qbr rating.  Not that I take it as the qb bible, but its interesting none the less.  TB's rating is 17th, ie average.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Of course, if you throw in 4th qtr stats, he ranks much lower, which was my original point.  

Cams lowest passing TD season is 18, 23 total td for the season. That was in 2014. He only played 14 games and had less weapons than Teddy had at his disposal last season. Teddy is not a rookie, he is what he is. 

In Cams MVP year he had 35 td passes, you dont win mvp with 25 td passes.