• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Place your bets

MHS831

This may bomb, but I tried dammit!!  Can you say you did?!!!

We are going to have a few disputes this week, and the know-it-alls will be coming out of the woodwork. SInce I have never been in the woodwork, I am not referring to myself, obviously.  So if you encounter an encounter in which you have a dispute, and since a Zoom duel is now "illegal"  we should have a place to put your photo image where your mouth is.  I stole this idea from Basbear and 45, and I like it. 

1. You disagree with someone and talking smack is just not getting the results you want.

2. You make a bet about draft day.

3. The winner gets to chose a clean, non-offensive pic for the loser to use until the kickoff of the first regular season game. The pick cannot contain nudity, sexually suggestive imagery, or any logo or player from another NFL team.

Any disputes or need to seek clarification will cause the bet to be thrown out, or both sides can agree to one referee whose decision is final.

Perhaps Basbear and 45 can detail their bet issue and terms in response below. This could get fun.

We have an avatar bet about the amount of DTs going in the first 3 rounds.  Basbear thinks it's 5 or less and I think it will be about 7 (6 is a push).  So we are betting our avatars to the choice of the victor.  It can't be anything that can get the losing person banned, but it can be shaming/funny/mocking.  I think the loser has to sport the avatar until opening game, so the rest of the offseason.

Yes, avatars can be changed..I've done it several times.  I haven't had this Trey Lance avatar forever.

35 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

We have an avatar bet about the amount of DTs going in the first 3 rounds.  Basbear thinks it's 5 or less and I think it will be about 7 (6 is a push).  So we are betting our avatars to the choice of the victor.  It can't be anything that can get the losing person banned, but it can be shaming/funny/mocking.  I think the loser has to sport the avatar until opening game, so the rest of the offseason.

Yes, avatars can be changed..I've done it several times.  I haven't had this Trey Lance avatar forever.

It amazes me how many people have forgotten the Dos Equis commercials and don’t connect my avatar with its username lol. I know they can be changed. But mine was created with the avatar in mind. Stay thirsty my friend.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 7

25 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

It amazes me how many people have forgotten the Dos Equis commercials and don’t connect my avatar with its username lol. I know they can be changed. But mine was created with the avatar in mind. Stay thirsty my friend.

I bet you that your avatar will stay the same if you don't bet. 

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Ah, you were talking about your personal one.  Yes, changing yours would not make much sense.  I would suggest not losing an avatar bet then! 😄

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Ah, you were talking about your personal one.  Yes, changing yours would not make much sense.  I would suggest not losing an avatar bet then! 😄

It’s cool lol. I had a poster on here take one of my football opinions personally and tell me I was a narcissist for naming myself TheMostInterestingMan and then claimed he had no idea what the reference was. I was like holy poo man, you serious? Lol 

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

This may bomb, but I tried dammit!!  Can you say you did?!!!

We are going to have a few disputes this week, and the know-it-alls will be coming out of the woodwork. SInce I have never been in the woodwork, I am not referring to myself, obviously.  So if you encounter an encounter in which you have a dispute, and since a Zoom duel is now "illegal"  we should have a place to put your photo image where your mouth is.  I stole this idea from Basbear and 45, and I like it. 

1. You disagree with someone and talking smack is just not getting the results you want.

2. You make a bet about draft day.

3. The winner gets to chose a clean, non-offensive pic for the loser to use until the kickoff of the first regular season game. The pick cannot contain nudity, sexually suggestive imagery, or any logo or player from another NFL team.

Any disputes or need to seek clarification will cause the bet to be thrown out, or both sides can agree to one referee whose decision is final.

Perhaps Basbear and 45 can detail their bet issue and terms in response below. This could get fun.

All of a sudden these bold internet GMs have clammed up, huh?  Seemingly so sure of themselves they are not even willing to put even a silly avatar on the line, lol!

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

It’s cool lol. I had a poster on here take one of my football opinions personally and tell me I was a narcissist for naming myself TheMostInterestingMan and then claimed he had no idea what the reference was. I was like holy poo man, you serious? Lol 

Yeah, I remember the commercials.  They were actually quite good as far as beer commercials go.  I actually prefer XX amber to standard lager though.  If I get a beer at a Mexican restaurant, that's my go-to.

Forum discussion...welll for adults...... reaches a point where both sides strongly belief what they belief. So you could start the name calling, bring up something thats not related to the topic, or put your money where your statement are. Money is out cause some people will not pay up, thus being a welsher. Ive had a few not pay up, so you have to find another method. 

I got two bets going with two different posters. Lance within 10 spots of fields and 5 or less DTs drafted before the start of round 4. In both cases months ago I felt strong about these, couple huddler thought different. Draft week is almost here and Im ready. 

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, I remember the commercials.  They were actually quite good as far as beer commercials go.  I actually prefer XX amber to standard lager though.  If I get a beer at a Mexican restaurant, that's my go-to.

I’m a big craft beer guy and really don’t drink any commercial beers as a rule of thumb. Dos Equis at a Mexican restaurant is the exception to that rule though 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Forum discussion...welll for adults...... reaches a point where both sides strongly belief what they belief. So you could start the name calling, bring up something thats not related to the topic, or put your money where your statement are. Money is out cause some people will not pay up, thus being a welsher. Ive had a few not pay up, so you have to find another method. 

I got two bets going with two different posters. Lance within 10 spots of fields and 5 or less DTs drafted before the start of round 4. In both cases months ago I felt strong about these, couple huddler thought different. Draft week is almost here and Im ready. 

Which end of that bet are you on to be clear?  You have Lance within 10 or the other guy?  I'm certain Lance goes within 10 of Fields, that's like taking candy from a sleeping baby.  Heck, the better bet would have been which one of the two gets drafted first.

Lance to 49ers is picking up a TON of steam.