• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What in the everloving fruit of the loom croissant butter is this?

Zod

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don’t see us really that much different now vs the start of last season on the QB front.   Just hope the outcome is better.   Which it likely should be.  

Darnold has his issues that need addressing, but one of them isn't being afraid to throw the ball downfield like "play it safe, even if it means losing the game" Teddy.

The Panthers haven't had an adequate backup QB for years now.  Perhaps someone rises to the occasion during the preseason competition.  

Bottom line:  Darnold may turn out to be a diamond in the ruff this year or the search will undoubtedly continue.  

• Pie 1

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Darnold has his issues that need addressing, but one of them isn't being afraid to throw the ball downfield like "play it safe, even if it means losing the game" Teddy.

The Panthers haven't had an adequate backup QB for years now.  Perhaps someone rises to the occasion during the preseason competition.  

Bottom line:  Darnold may turn out to be a diamond in the ruff this year or the search will undoubtedly continue.  

I think Sam makes substantially more plays downfield.  But he is going to have more negative plays too than Teddy. Just comes down to what the ratio looks like. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Sam makes substantially more plays downfield.  But he is going to have more negative plays too than Teddy. Just comes down to what the ratio looks like. 

Yeah, Sam is going to be busy refining his skill set this season.  The trick will be teaching him to recognize the difference between a good opportunity and a bad decision.

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, Sam is going to be busy refining his skill set this season.  The trick will be teaching him to recognize the difference between a good opportunity and a bad decision.

yeah, and I am not opposed to calculated gambles.   I mean negative plays are a given if you do it.  It’s not always going to go your way.  But Teddy wouldn’t take them.  You have to take them in the NFL. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

yeah, and I am not opposed to calculated gambles.   I mean negative plays are a given if you do it.  It’s not always going to go your way.  But Teddy wouldn’t take them.  You have to take them in the NFL. 

I'm an old Raiders fan (before the Panthers were a twinkle in their daddy's eye) and what made Ken Stabler a great QB was his ability to shake off interceptions like they never happened, turn around and burn a defense for a boatload of points.  The Raiders were seldom out of a game with that sort of attitude from their QB.

As you say, negative plays are a given, but you have to take chances in this game if you want to win.

• Pie 1