• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another opinion on our draft from Dator

ladypanther

On 5/3/2021 at 7:36 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, not excited about the Horn pick but overall it looks pretty damn good. Like last year, so much hinges on an uninspiring move at QB working out.

I would have flipped horn for slater and gotten Samuel or Joseph in the 2nd.  But it’s still a really good draft for a first time gm.  

oh and LOL at Marty Hurney.  

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I suspect if/when Darnold fails it will matter how our overall record is. If he fails but we are around .500, perhaps we still don't reach and build the rest of the roster. If he fails spectacularly, I think you might see a little desperation creep into getting a QB in the draft or in free agency.

They seem a lot more comfortable dumpster diving in free agency or through trades than taking guys in the draft.

Honestly with Darnald I don't think you will see a "little" fail. Hes a boom or bust trade. Even more so than signing Bridgewater last year. He's either going to get it or keep not getting it. There is nothing wrong with his physical tools. Its all about protection, weapons,and decisions.

• Beer 2