• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

apparently there was some drama in our draft room

21 hours ago, SCO96 said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys think Sewell felt when the Lions chose him? 

I don't have any insight about this young man at all, but I don't see how any top 10 pick could be thrilled about going to the Detroit Lions. We haven't put together back to back winning seasons in our 25+ year existence, but we have been to TWO Superbowls and on two other occasions we fell one game short (1996) and (2005) since 1995. Detroit last won a world title in 1957 with Bobby Lane as the QB. The Lions have only appeared in one NFC title game (a 1991 defeat to the eventual SB champs Washington Redskins...oops...football team). Detroit has one exactly one playoff win in the last 63 seasons, a 38-6 win in 1991 over Dallas in the divisional playoff. 

Being selected by the Detroit Lions is almost a guarantee that you will never win a playoff game, much less make it to the Super Bowl. I wonder if he was hoping to make to the Panther on the 8th pick?

No one wants to be drafted by the lions, BUT theres a new GM/HC. Just about all new coaches and some are legit good for their roles like Duce Stanely, Wash, and lynn. The area I heard has gotten multi-millions, but its still a looooong way form not looking like third world/apocalyptic. Sewell insnt a QB, so he can not pull a elway/manning either, well he could try.... They need to fire those New England dopes, I heard a few players say it was just like NE, except you didnt win.