Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 2


Recommended Posts

Just now, Harbingers said:

Yep they are going back to Miami Monday now at least. 

After watching the series between them neither would have the advantage over the Canes IMO,  For TB they can only score on the PP (strength agaist strength) and Hedman and Vasilevsky have both been very shaky.

FL has a horrible PP and PK with an awful defense and two shaky goalies.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

oh fug. At least hes moving his arms...

Holy poo! I just saw there video on Twitter. What the fug were the trainers doing sitting him up on the ice? That almost looked more dangerous than the hit itself. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Holy poo! I just saw there video on Twitter. What the fug were the trainers doing sitting him up on the ice? That almost looked more dangerous than the hit itself. 

Taraves was trying to sit up on his own but had minimal control over his faculties in this instance. That’s why the trainer immediately grabbed his neck from both sides. At least that showed us he had full control of all his limbs even if he was completely discombobulated.  
 

There is no reason for a trainer to intentionally sit him up. The most is rolling him on his back in case of seizure. 
 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Taraves was trying to sit up on his own but had minimal control over his faculties in this instance. That’s why the trainer immediately grabbed his neck from both sides. At least that showed us he had full control of all his limbs even if he was completely discombobulated.  
 

There is no reason for a trainer to intentionally sit him up. The most is rolling him on his back in case of seizure. 
 

The clip I saw started in the middle of it all. That makes way more sense, that he tried to sit up himself. It still seems wild that they don't have neck collars available on the ice for situations like this. Seeing his head fall back limp the way it did was scary to see after a possible spine injury. 

Luckily, it appears he somehow got away with only a concussion from that collision!

 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

The clip I saw started in the middle of it all. That makes way more sense, that he tried to sit up himself. It still seems wild that they don't have neck collars available on the ice for situations like this. Seeing his head fall back limp the way it did was scary to see after a possible spine injury. 

Luckily, it appears he somehow got away with only a concussion from that collision!

 

"Only a concussion" the way he was on the ice reminded me painfully of the way Luke Kuechly was after his concussion vs the saints.

  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

"Only a concussion" the way he was on the ice reminded me painfully of the way Luke Kuechly was after his concussion vs the saints.

Yeah, scary poo! Wasn't trying to minimize the severity of his injuries. Concussions are no joke. But, the way he went limp on the ice, it looked like he might never walk again.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Yeah, scary poo! Wasn't trying to minimize the severity of his injuries. Concussions are no joke. But, the way he went limp on the ice, it looked like he might never walk again.

True, sorry I didn't think you were I just meant it was a heck of a concussion the career ending type.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

True, sorry I didn't think you were I just meant it was a heck of a concussion the career ending type.

No worries. I didn't take it that way.  Just wanted to clarify what I meant bc it could have come off pretty callous the way I worded it.

Prayers up! 

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...