• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers RT Taylor Moton named one of NFL's top 11 offensive tackles

SBBlue

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

LOL, suuuure. I got moton at the 8-11 best RT in the game, hogwash hes the best 11th best overall. Did moton's agent slip this guy a 100$? Following up with what I posted in the other threads

Ramczyk >> Moton

Simply you can not pay every single spot TOP money, somebody has make the hard choices. RT is not in the top half of "pay that man his money" positions. If moton was a yearly top 1-3 RT, I would change my tune, but hes not. Plus given the big brains at panthers office have already paid LB Shaq and RB CMC too much, it would add to the problem of wasting money at lesser-valued spots to pay Moton 18-20 per for 8th best RT play.  

He absolutely deserves the money. Who else are we paying on the offensive line that plays at an even average level and is worth their paycheck? 0 Panthers not named Moton for sure.

You don't pay a Top10 RT to stick around when you have a solid offensive line that can handle the blow. Not when you're staring down a line that is bottom 10 in the league, full of aging journeymen who won't be there after their contract is up.

12 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Right now, with the tag, Moton is the 4th highest paid RT.  Any long term contract is probably north of there.

Are you saying we shouldn't re-sign him?

Personally no if its north of tag. It a hard choice, Moton is what you want in a NFL player. I just do not view him as a top 3 RT/T/OL. Hes just below the great ones and it would not wise to over pay at one of the lesser valued potions......just like the panthers have already done at RB and LB. 

11 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

He absolutely deserves the money. Who else are we paying on the offensive line that plays at an even average level and is worth their paycheck? 0 Panthers not named Moton for sure.

You don't pay a Top10 RT to stick around when you have a solid offensive line that can handle the blow. Not when you're staring down a line that is bottom 10 in the league, full of aging journeymen who won't be there after their contract is up.

Its a tough choice, I just dont view him or the position he plays as top self. Darrel williams is a name us panthers fans know, he just signed that contract this year-

Daryl Williams signed a 3 year, $24,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $5,400,000 signing bonus, $13,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,000,000. In 2021, Williams will earn a base salary of $1,000,000, a signing bonus of $5,400,000 and a roster bonus of $3,250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $6,150,000 and a dead cap value of $9,400,000.

Thats more like were I want to be at RT. He played great last too, shame panthers forced him to play LT when Moton should have been there. Panthers could have solved their OTs if they did that. OL needs rebuilding with or without Moton too. Brown, Moore, and Christ are a start, in fact christ maybe the new RT was the coming reports.

I say if you sign DJ moore and Moton still wants 18+, tag him again. Then look at the trade market for his league value or play out another year on the tag and let him walk.

Let me ask you who would you rather spend cap space on DJ Moore or Moton? For me Moton is down the line after many like Burns(coming soon) and if Darnold is the choosen one, he needs about 40 million in cap space very soon too. Id go as far as picking Robby Anderson over Moton in the short term cap space game. Djack is another, simply not enough for everyone.....like I said hard choices. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Personally no if its north of tag. It a hard choice, Moton is what you want in a NFL player. I just do not view him as a top 3 RT/T/OL. Hes just below the great ones and it would not wise to over pay at one of the lesser valued potions......just like the panthers have already done at RB and LB. 

Its a tough choice, I just dont view him or the position he plays as top self. Darrel williams is a name us panthers fans know, he just signed that contract this year-

Thats more like were I want to be at RT. He played great last too, shame panthers forced him to play LT when Moton should have been there. Panthers could have solved their OTs if they did that. OL needs rebuilding with or without Moton too. Brown, Moore, and Christ are a start, in fact christ maybe the new RT was the coming reports.

I say if you sign DJ moore and Moton still wants 18+, tag him again. Then look at the trade market for his league value or play out another year on the tag and let him walk.

Let me ask you who would you rather spend cap space on DJ Moore or Moton? For me Moton is down the line after many like Burns(coming soon) and if Darnold is the choosen one, he needs about 40 million in cap space very soon too. Id go as far as picking Robby Anderson over Moton in the short term cap space game. Djack is another, simply not enough for everyone.....like I said hard choices. 

I'm sorry dude, but OL is in need of talent. You just cannot let Moton get away. And yes, you can pay your RT money, if you don't have any other OL getting paid. 

Our OL is in bad shape. Until we fix it for realz, Moton needs to stay.

• Beer 1