• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big game hunting?

Perhaps but only if dougie doesn’t sign. We have 25 million in cap space 9 forwards 5 defense 1 goalie. We still need to sign 6 players. More likely 5 cause I think we’ll see Jarvis up in the big leagues this year. 

Andersen edit: so 19-20 million and 4-5 spots open. 

Edited by Harbingers

I think Jack Drury is more likely to make the team as a 4th line center than Jarvis is. Regardless, I doubt they plan on either guy outright making the team out of camp and at least have cheap options that you can live with on a 2 way contract. 

Also, he's not exactly "big game" in the same sense as Eichel and Tarasenko but Brandon Saad makes a lot of sense too to be the 2nd/3rd line LW. 

• Pie 1

Anderson for $4.5M? This only tells me Ned wanted to be gone. The Canes could have gone to arbitration with Ned and still paid less than $4.5M. And Anderson is just another goalie getting worse as he gets older.

Sure, Raanta had a very crappy 12 games last season, but his prior years were all pretty good from a GAA perspective. Hell, career numbers right now are far better than Anderson.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Anderson for $4.5M? This only tells me Ned wanted to be gone. The Canes could have gone to arbitration with Ned and still paid less than $4.5M. And Anderson is just another goalie getting worse as he gets older.

Sure, Raanta had a very crappy 12 games last season, but his prior years were all pretty good from a GAA perspective. Hell, career numbers right now are far better than Anderson.

^ this I don’t think Ned wanted to sign here. 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

^ this I don’t think Ned wanted to sign here. 

I don't think Ned wanted to sign here because he got a ridiculous lowball offer after playing his heart out for the organisation for years before reaching the pinnacle of his position. I would imagine that's why he went for a 2 year deal in Det. To get the hell out of Raleigh and hit FA for real asap.