• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well, damn! I didn't know Grier's bro was a celebrity

top dawg

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

The Paul brothers are a household name for certain age brackets.   Outside of Oprah, Micheal Jordan, territory…most celebrities are a niche thing.   

Tyson Fury and Deonte Wilder could walk up to the majority of Americans and they wouldn’t be recognized. 

Scarlett, Pitt, Mayweather, cruise, depp, trump, obama, Cruz, Downey Jr, Smith. That’s celebrity. 

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Scarlett, Pitt, Mayweather, cruise, depp, trump, obama, Cruz, Downey Jr, Smith. That’s celebrity. 

Ok, but it seems like a weird bar.  That only megastars can be considered celebrities. 

Then Tyson Fury, Luca Doncic, Mike Trout,  Logan Paul, Jojo aren’t celebrities.  

I mean fuging Blippi can be called a celebrity.  It’s a niche.  Like most. 

and Floyd isn’t even Mike Tyson on your scale.  Everyone knows Mike Tyson.   Floyd isn’t even that in reality.  

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Half of the population, probably more, doesn't know who half these people are. My son is 23, and I guarantee he doesn't know Scarlett, Pitt, Depp, Cruz or Downey Jr. And unless you like boxing or maybe sports in general, you're probably not going to know who Mayweather is either. It's not like the guy is Muhammad Ali. 

Celebrity, especially in the new millennium, isn't limited to the big screen, and it is very much a niche thing.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Half of the population, probably more, doesn't know who half these people are. My son is 23, and I guarantee he doesn't know Scarlett, Pitt, Depp, Cruz or Downey Jr. And unless you like boxing or maybe sports in general, you're probably not going to know who Mayweather is either. It's not like the guy is Muhammad Ali. 

Celebrity, especially in the new millennium, isn't limited to the big screen, and it is very much a niche thing.

Brad Pitt, Robert Downey jr, Tom cruise, Johnny Depp, Donald trump, Barack Obama, Scarlett Johansson. I guarantee you your son knows who they are. If he doesn’t that’s some inclusiveness that probably needs to be addressed there. Only maybe 1.5-5% of people know who the top internet performers are. That’s the point. Let’s not call every Tom, Dick and Harry a celebrity cause they have a half a million followers. They aren’t a celebrity. They’re a fad. 

But sorry don’t mean to get all tinderbox on a legit main forum thread. My bad. 

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Ok, but it seems like a weird bar.  That only megastars can be considered celebrities. 

Then Tyson Fury, Luca Doncic, Mike Trout,  Logan Paul, Jojo aren’t celebrities.  

I mean fuging Blippi can be called a celebrity.  It’s a niche.  Like most. 

and Floyd isn’t even Mike Tyson on your scale.  Everyone knows Mike Tyson.   Floyd isn’t even that in reality.  

No. They aren’t. Sorry to burst your bubble. Our own Zod is a celebrity here but you go to any street corner in America. Is anyone gonna have any clue who you are talking about? 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Brad Pitt, Robert Downey jr, Tom cruise, Johnny Depp, Donald trump, Barack Obama, Scarlett Johansson. I guarantee you your son knows who they are. If he doesn’t that’s some inclusiveness that probably needs to be addressed there. Only maybe 1.5-5% of people know who the top internet performers are. That’s the point. Let’s not call every Tom, Dick and Harry a celebrity cause they have a half a million followers. They aren’t a celebrity. They’re a fad. 

When TMZ, Yahoo Entertainment, People Magazine, etc. report on you for being crazy, and you've been on Dancing With The Stars, you're a celebrity.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

No. They aren’t. Sorry to burst your bubble. Our own Zod is a celebrity here but you go to any street corner in America. Is anyone gonna have any clue who you are talking about? 

Jeremy Igo is a celebrity? That's some mental gymnastics right there.

34 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

My son doesn't know who the fug Johnny Depp,  Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are.   Those are nobodies.  He is a 10 year old.   

He knows who Steph Curry is.  That's a celebrity to a 10 year old boy.  That's why he wants to wear Steph gear.  Odd that multiple companies from the NBA to Under Armor produce Steph merch to sale to the masses if he isn't a "celebrity".  And no matter who comes along later you likely will never convince him anyone can ever be a greater shooter.   That's how it works.  And Robert Downey Jr is nothing more than Iron Man to him.  That's it.  And that's all he likely will ever be to him. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

My son doesn't know who the fug Johnny Depp,  Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are.   Those are nobodies.  He is a 10 year old.   

He knows who Steph Curry is.  That's a celebrity to a 10 year old boy.  That's why he wants to wear Steph gear.  Odd that multiple companies from the NBA to Under Armor produce Steph merch to sale to the masses if he isn't a "celebrity".  And no matter who comes along later you likely will never convince him anyone can ever be a greater shooter.   That's how it works.  And Robert Downey Jr is nothing more than Iron Man to him.  That's it.  And that's all he likely will ever be to him. 

Your telling me a 10 year old doesn’t know who Captain Jack is?