• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How y'all gonna let this slide

CPsinceDay1

2 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Mobile QBs are definitely the new thing. Running QBs are failing. The best running QB is Lamar and IMO if he doesn't learn how to pass better he will not be a Raven next season. His experiment is in it's last season I believe. They remodeled their offense specifically for him and did a great job. That's a great staff in Baltimore but either they prove that a super college offense can win a super bowl or they will let him go before the big contract. I don't expect them to over pay a gimmick QB. 

How is Lamar a gimmick QB? That seems to imply that he is a bad thrower, which isn't really true. His receivers aren't particularly hot, considering that he led the NFL in drop rate last season. His #1 is Marquise Brown, who is essentially a young version of Ted Ginn. He ranked 7th in depth-adjusted accuracy, and 6th in deep ball accuracy. Now obviously, stats are not everything and Lamar most definitely has larger windows to throw into than most QBs on top of a smaller sample size, but it isn't like he is a Kordell Stewart or pre-eagles Vick level of passer. He is fine at it and has gotten more accurate every season he's been in the league. 

Not to mention... Lamar is a 24 year old QB who has won an MVP and has led his team to the playoffs every season he has been in the league. Why would the Ravens move on from him? Winning in the NFL aint easy, and we saw how the Ravens had done as late before he arrived. 

2018 prior to him getting his first start: 4-5

2017: 9-7

2016: 8-8

2015: 5-11

edit: wording

Edited by beo

3 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Not really,

NO,

Yes,

No

Do I have to do the hokey pokey and turn it all about now?

So, just to show how little idea you have about what you are talking about, these are the career rushing attempts per game for these players that you called "running" and a few you claimed weren't.

Lamar Jackson: 10.5
Cam Newton: 7.7
Kyle Murray: 7.1
Josh Allen: 6.8
Michael Vick: 6.1
Russell Wilson: 5.6
The Golden Calf of Bristol: 5.6
Daunte Culpepper: 4.9
Steve Young: 4.3
Donovan McNabb: 3.7

But, by all means, continue to be wrong. I won't stop you.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, beo said:

How is Lamar a gimmick QB? That seems to imply that he is a bad thrower, which isn't really true. His receivers aren't particularly hot, considering that he led the NFL in drop rate last season. His #1 is Marquise Brown, who is essentially a young version of Ted Ginn. He ranked 7th in depth-adjusted accuracy, and 6th in deep ball accuracy. Now obviously, stats are not everything and Lamar most definitely has larger windows to throw into than most QBs on top of a smaller sample size, but it isn't like he is a Kordell Stewart or pre-eagles Vick level of passer. He is fine at it and has gotten more accurate every season he's been in the league. 

Not to mention... Lamar is a 24 year old QB who has won an MVP and has led his team to the playoffs every season he has been in the league. Why would the Ravens move on from him? Winning in the NFL aint easy, and we saw how the Ravens had done as late before he arrived. 

2018 prior to him getting his first start: 4-5

2017: 9-7

2016: 8-8

2015: 5-11

edit: wording

His receivers have a high drop rate because his passes are bad. Good receivers don't want to play there. The Ravens had to create a new offense specifically for him because he couldn't run a normal offense. Are you saying that the Ravens are running a typical NFL offense with Jackson at QB??? That's why I call it a gimmick offense. 

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So, just to show how little idea you have about what you are talking about, these are the career rushing attempts per game for these players that you called "running" and a few you claimed weren't.

Cam Newton: 7.7
Kyle Murray: 7.1
Josh Allen: 6.8
Michael Vick: 6.1
Russell Wilson: 5.6
The Golden Calf of Bristol: 5.6
Daunte Culpepper: 4.9
Steve Young: 4.3
Donovan McNabb: 3.7

But, by all means, continue to be wrong. I won't stop you.

Are you really going to use rushing stats to claim if a QB is a rushing QB or not?. Even by this logic your boy Jackson is averaging almost 3 yards more than Cam. You're actually proving my point for me even if I don't agree with those stats being the major factor but if you want to use them then thank you. Obviously I'm right by these stats. Jackson is a running QB. Thanks for proving my point. Good job. 

Hahaha.

You don't understand how this works do you?

Edited by Panthers Rhule
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

His receivers have a high drop rate because his passes are bad. Good receivers don't want to play there. The Ravens had to create a new offense specifically for him because he couldn't run a normal offense. Are you saying that the Ravens are running a typical NFL offense with Jackson at QB??? That's why I call it a gimmick offense. 

I am not saying that they are running a typical offense, no. Let's say that all of what you are saying regarding him as a passer is true. Why would the Ravens move on from him? The system, gimmick or not, has been producing results.

2 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Are you really going to use rushing stats to claim if a QB is a rushing QB or not?. Even by this logic your boy Jackson is averaging almost 3 yards more than Cam. You're actually proving my point for me even if I don't agree with those stats being the major factor but if you want to use them then thank you. Obviously I'm right by these stats. Jackson is a running QB. Thanks for proving my point. Good job. 

I am just glad your idiocy is now a permanent record in this thread. You can't even make your "personal definition" apply to players you claim to be running versus not.

Thanks for the laugh.

1 minute ago, beo said:

I am not saying that they are running a typical offense, no. Let's say that all of what you are saying regarding him as a passer is true. Why would the Ravens move on from him? The system, gimmick or not, has been producing results.

This guy is as transparent as they come. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This guy is as transparent as they come. 

Transparent how? What do you want to really say?

5 minutes ago, beo said:

Because gimmicks only go so far. If you have a SB team and the only thing holding you back is your offense? The Ravens know they will never win a SB unless they can throw the ball better than they have. They can move on or always be what they've been the last few seasons. They will never win a SB unless Jackson learns how to throw. Facts bro facts.