• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sax Preseason Brief, Week 1: Pancakes

saX man

Morning folks! 

5RsVD_sj_400x400.jpg

• So Terrace Marshall, Chuba Hubbard and Tommy Tremble all look super super promising.   I mean, I'm really impressed and quite excited with the young offensive weapons we brought it.
  • Haynes has been one hell of a sneaky but effective player the past few seasons and his situational rushing role could serve us very well.  I can see him being used in a variety of ways with his hybrid size and style.
  • D Line depth got decent penetration, looked tough.  Room to grow but you can tell the energy from our starters has fed off with these younger guys.
  • Our current OL is Erving-Elflein-Paradis-Miller-Moton.  We just started Scott-Kaskey-Tecklenberg-Brown-Christensen with the right side looking aight. While Erving and Elf aren't ideal, we didn't see our starters, and we didn't even see our depth with starters.  We saw a full second team that includes guys that won't make the 53.  Wasn't pretty but had some moments.
  • We drop into the non-53 level at Trent Scott, so we're about 7-8 deep on the line with 2 injury prone guys in Erving and Daley.  We DO need to snag maybe a waiver wire/late cut, but fact is we still have 4 of our 5 starters on the OL going into 2020.  It's not dire.  But yeah, I'd like to see Christensen advance and Erving and/or Elflein competed with.        
  • Dennis Daley: please come back and stay in tact.  I wouldn't mind seeing what you got if you can stay on the field.  I think he's got the talent but his availability is starting to push him into the limbo zone.  He's the one to push Elf IMO and really serve as our best depth & emergency LT.
  • Sax's projected line (This is a bold prediction if Brady C pushes into the lineup): Moton-Elflein-Paradis-Miller-Christensen
  • PJ PJ PJ, I like that he just pushes the ball down field, and I look around the league and don't see much quality at backup anyways.  He is likely our backup.
  • Sam Franklin w/ 2 TFL, I'm rooting for him to push Burris.  Could be a good battle.  That, LT and LG are the remaining non-rotational starter battles from what I'm seeing.  

So yeah, keep our eyes out for an OL in coming weeks. 

Cheers, stay saxy

coffee-buttermilk-pancakes.jpg

Edited by saX man
  • Pie 9

Me thinks that Franklin/Chandler stick around since this is Burris' last year under contract. Franklin will slide into the spot unless there's a better prospect available in the draft while Chandler will stick around due to his ST contributions as well.

I'm super excited that the team has developed the depth that it already has in year 2 of Hurney-delayed rebuild.