• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st & 2nd Rd Draft Picks (2017-Present) - Pretty Cool

davos

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not trying to be snarky but how do we chock up 2021 picks to being successes when they have never played a down in the NFL?

I kind of feel similar about the 2020 draft picks. It's hard to judge any player that early in their career, good or bad.

I think we can safely assess Chinn as a success.  Not quite as certain regarding Brown, but it certainly looks promising.  The jury is still out on Matos

Edited by Davidson Deac II

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

If Daley flames out this season, the 2019 draft will likely go down as the worst in franchise history.

Don't know, we had some pretty bad drafts over the years.  97, we did get Minter who was good for us, and Mangum who had a decent career.  But our first rounder that year was he whose name cannot be mentioned.  And 98 was awful.  

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Don't know, we had some pretty bad drafts over the years.  97, we did get Minter who was good for us, and Mangum who had a decent career.  But our first rounder that year was he whose name cannot be mentioned.  And 98 was awful.  

Brian Burns should be able to keep us out of 1998 territory, even if Daley fails. Make no mistake, however, it is genuinely remarkable how bad that 2019 draft is. 

35 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think we can safely assess Chinn as a success.  Not quite as certain regarding Brown, but it certainly looks promising.  The jury is still out on Matos

As I said earlier, I think injury is the only thing I can see that could derail Chinn's career. However, we have seen stellar rookie seasons end in career disappointment before, so as a general rule I try to wait to make that assessment for at least 3 seasons. 

• Beer 1