• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints at Panthers - What Saints Fans Are Saying

Zod

17 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

Still don't get it.  There is a very real reason why Taylor laughed.  Research, my friend.  

It is entirely possible that he laughed because the flag was so small.  This entire movie can be debated over and over hence its greatness.

No doubt it was a reference to the Apollo missions…to come

Edited by Shocker

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It is entirely possible that he laughed because the flag was so small.  This entire movie can be debated over and over hence its greatness.

No doubt it was a reference to the Apollo missions 

It was because he realized he was back on his original Earth in his future and he recognized the total futility of everything in which he had previously believed.  He laughed because he finally realized everything he had believed in was lost.  A strong statement.  It was an expression of loss.

11 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

It was because he realized he was back on his original Earth in his future and he recognized the total futility of everything in which he had previously believed.  He laughed because he finally realized everything he had believed in was lost.  A strong statement.  It was an expression of loss.

No…gotta totally disagree here.  He did not know it was earth until he saw the statue of liberty.  Pretty clear in this movie

Edited by Shocker
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

Good start.  I assume you read Contact by Sagan.  He was brilliant in his knowledge, but as a scientist his creativity in fiction was limited.  I did like the novel very much and respected him.

Wait his scientific creativity in fiction?  LOL.  Wow

Edited by Shocker

8 hours ago, Monrowed said:

You should notice a pattern of getting the ball out quickly. I have noticed, albeit after only one game, that Teddy and Sam both are releasing the ball within 3-4 seconds. If that continues as the season progresses, then it definitely seems as if this is a product of Joe Brady’s (Sean Payton’s) scheme.

9 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

He was displaying the futility there.  Yes, is wasn't finally realized until the statue, but he was displaying it there.

If you mean foreshadowing, no way.  The film makers were completely hiding that until the end.  Again…was an Apollo mission reference and how absurd that was to plant the flag.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

You aren't so bad for a Saints fan, I don't mind eating crow when I'm wrong but hey it's early in the year tis' the time for unbridled optimism. Reguarless of outcome here's to no seruous injury's.

Yea that’s why I mentioned him in regards to Winston’s 5 TDs, that the media circus has over hyped