• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes 2021-2022 Season Games Thread

Harbingers

42 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Bummed not to see Jarvis yet but I understand the whole ‘if it’s not broke don’t fix it’ idea.

After all, outside of very small portions of the game the Canes were the better team against an Islanders team that is projected to make a deep run.

My question for someone more knowledgeable than me. With his juniors deal, does he have to play in the games, or just be on the roster for 9 games before we have to keep him up permanently? 

Also, was really curious if they were gonna go to Anderson again. Going to be interesting to see how he approaches the Nashville attack this time. 

23 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

My question for someone more knowledgeable than me. With his juniors deal, does he have to play in the games, or just be on the roster for 9 games before we have to keep him up permanently? 

Also, was really curious if they were gonna go to Anderson again. Going to be interesting to see how he approaches the Nashville attack this time. 

He has to physically play. With that in mind, I would think you’d want to get him involved early because the longer you wait the less games he’ll play on his first year. That’s unless the Canes have already made the decision to essentially keep Jarvis here as the extra and let him play nine games and then regardless of how he does send him back to the OHL.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

The last preseason game Anderson gave up 3 soft goals before I turned it off, but to be fair, he didn't have any starters in front of him.

Roman Josi is a Cane Killer and he always seems to play well against Carolina. That being said, he'll take a few hits tonight, I think.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He has to physically play. With that in mind, I would think you’d want to get him involved early because the longer you wait the less games he’ll play on his first year. That’s unless the Canes have already made the decision to essentially keep Jarvis here as the extra and let him play nine games and then regardless of how he does send him back to the OHL.

Very true, maybe Rod just wants to keep him practicing against the big boys, perhaps they felt he grew all he could in the juniors and since we can’t send him down to Chicago yet perhaps they are just trying to elevate(edit: or I should say begin to nuance) his play. 

Edited by Harbingers

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Very true, maybe Rod just wants to keep him practicing against the big boys, perhaps they felt he grew all he could in the juniors and since we can’t send him down to Chicago yet perhaps they are just trying to elevate(edit: or I should say begin to nuance) his play. 

This would be my guess as well, that and TBH Jarvis has star potential he's a top six forward at some point, you don't dress him to play him on your fourth line..... 

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

After all, outside of very small portions of the game the Canes were the better team against an Islanders team that is projected to make a deep run.

I will say, we best be ready for the Nashville, you know they’ll have a chip on their shoulder from last season. Where as we hadn’t faced the islanders in basically a season and a half, though we are division opponents both teams were only just getting their engines going. Nashville will come out hard and fast. 

19 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I will say, we best be ready for the Nashville, you know they’ll have a chip on their shoulder from last season. Where as we hadn’t faced the islanders in basically a season and a half, though we are division opponents both teams were only just getting their engines going. Nashville will come out hard and fast. 

I'm sure RBA will have them ready, they just gave Seattle their first win..... But this is early season hockey for a team with skill and speed like the Canes I think it will show (Knicks bruises and undisclosed injuries haven't happened yet).

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I'm sure RBA will have them ready, they just gave Seattle their first win..... But this is early season hockey for a team with skill and speed like the Canes I think it will show (Knicks bruises and undisclosed injuries haven't happened yet).

Except Aho. His head is probably still ringing after that not-“boarding”(which I agree it wasn’t a boarding as the rules are written).

Just now, Harbingers said:

Except Aho. His head is probably still ringing after that not-“boarding”(which I agree it wasn’t a boarding as the rules are written).

Rough hit and for sure an in game shakeup but he started to come alive again in the third, NHL rules are may as well be completely arbitrary they call them as such.

36 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Rough hit and for sure an in game shakeup but he started to come alive again in the third, NHL rules are may as well be completely arbitrary they call them as such.

He had committed and Aho slipped/went down. That spot was complete ass all game. I saw a ton of guys slip/lose balance/fall behind that goal in that exact spot. 

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think the Canes will be ready, RBA never really put out a full NHL lineup for the preseason games and for the most part he didn’t use lines that he’s using now.

Nashville will see a different team from the one they played in preseason.

Not sure why you even brought it up TBH... Pre season is about chemistry and deciding your roster not wins and losses.