• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you?

Cdparr7

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If we're going with drafting a rookie QB, then my god it's going to be a while and that's if he's really good. If he's a bust then god help us. What would be your plan?

Some rookies are just ready to play, especially these days. 

If it's me, I take a look at the Watson deal and I gamble on hardball with them. Get that price down to something reasonable(2 firsts, a couple of players and some mid round picks). If that doesn't work, hit the free agency wire now and find a veteran to bring in here. You have to stop this bleeding immediately. If all those options fail......it's tank time. The FO needs to start evaluating which players are going to be here for the future and probably move some guys to regain draft capital in 2022. Evaluate the draft, if there is a legit option for QB, consider them. If not, go pay someone like Tyrod Taylor or another steady journeyman QB to be a 1-2 year bridge. Not some proven bum like Teddy or Darnold. A veteran with multiple starts and one that can run the offense and take care of the ball. Build that OL through the draft and FA, keep improving the roster. 

Then it is just season after season of building the roster and looking for the opportunity. Perhaps it is via trade with another team, perhaps it is via free agency signing, perhaps it is via being very aggressive about trading up in the draft. 

That brings up a valid point, BTW. For those that want to go solely QB through the draft, the price for a pick like Trevor Lawrence would likely have been close to the value of Watson. So, when we talk about trading up for an elite QB prospect, that is also extremely expensive. 

• Pie 1

My “good trade” for Watson…

2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 2nd

Donte Jackson (he is playing well but contract year and we have other options)

Yetur Gross Matos

Is that enough…probably not

Really don’t want Burns, Horn or Chinn included if at all possible 

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Deshaun watson without the legal issues..

So did you think trading for Stafford with 2 1st rounds was a mistake for the Rams??

Do the Rams have as shitty an OLine as we do? No, I didn't think so. Kind of a bit crazy to compare their franchise that already had pieces in place to trade picks away to ours that needs to build a whole Line to keep any QB from getting killed.

Edited by ichigo1057
  • Pie 1