• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

bobcat91

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Use the rest of this year to work out he kinks. Use the off-season to fill in the holes. And next year could be a start of a brand new era.

Fix the Oline, and keep CMC healthy. And this team can compete.

and then crash back to reality when you realize sam darnold is your starting QB

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Sam looked pretty good to start the year. The Oline played well, CMC was on a roll. And Sam played well.

If we can fix the Oline, and keep CMC healthy? Why not?

he's going to need to do a complete 180 to finish the year out

the turnovers, the tunnel vision, the footwork - all of it. I just don't see it happening.

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

the turnovers, the tunnel vision, the footwork - all of it. I just don't see it happening.

But he has already shown he can run this Offense. Let's get the team back to 100%, then do a real evaluation.

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

How many times have you played QB?  He needs work…but he has never had time to throw.  Is he broken because of that?  Who knows but you cant play NFL with DL hanging on you every play

This is the story of countless young QBs that fail.  Not lack of talent

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

But he has already shown he can run this Offense. Let's get the team back to 100%, then do a real evaluation.

that's the problem - Sam needs literally everything to go perfectly (health, supporting cast, etc.) to produce. he can't elevate his talent despite conditions and he can't put a team on his back.

nothing is ever perfect in the NFL

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

How many times have you played QB?  He needs work…but he has never had time to throw.  Is he broken because of that?  Who knows but you cant play NFL with DL hanging on you every play

Amen brother, Amen.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

he's about 95% certainly a bust in the NFL at this point. things will have to change in a major way if he wants to change that narrative.

19 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Its nice to see a fan base tee off on a guy before giving him any chance at all to succeed. When CMac was not injured and starting, Sam was 3-0, including a win over New Orleans. CMac gets injured, several OLinemen get injured, and all of a sudden we are playing musical chairs with the lineup. We haven't had two weeks in a row with the same starting lineup. Now he goes 0-4 and the fan base turns on him.  Soon we get McCaffrey back along with some injured O Linemen so let's see what we have. I am not a fan of trading for Watson, giving up multiple 1st round picks and becoming the Jaguars. He would destroy our salary cap, cause us to have to trade or cut numerous starters and handicap us from being able to build through the draft. Time to concentrate in FA and the draft to fix the OLine.  I think Sam will be fine if we build around him. No one can win behind this line, not even Watson.

As far as CMac, here's a suggestion. Emmitt Smith used to bulk up and hit the weight room hard as well. He began to have some hamstring issues each year until be began Yoga. It is essentially stretching exercises. I think it would be very beneficial for him and his ability to stay on the field.

I beg the differ.  Titans and ravens are both 5-2 with with an oline almost as bad as the panthers. Given up 3 less sacks than the panthers all season. And Watson is way better QB than Jackson and tannehill