• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a waste of a season, what a waste of a roster

Kevin Greene

We are a mediocre team that just had two major injuries to key players.

I'm sorry that's hard to understand.

Like i have said and i will say it again. Injuries should not be a major factor. The Fins oline last night had more injuries to their oline then we do to ours and they still mange to keep our front four off Henne most of the time and still open lanes for the Pothead named Ricky willaims. If the pats and steelers can keep their team going even with key players out with injury. Then why should we make excuses just because Gross and TD is out. No excuse. It falls back onto the Coaching. Fox was out coached as usual.:ihih:

Nah. his arm has been shot, We all know that, so why call for the long ball? Dumbass coaching and a GM that is trying to prove a new f**king contract.
His arm was shot the day he throw his elbow out in that Falcons game. Since then jake accuracy has gotten a real bad. Like I said in the past. The elbow surgry messed up his throwing. It is still true up to now. It will never change. Bad elbow+ age= Carreer over and time for to retire.:ihih:

I don't know that I'd say mediocre. The defense was playing outstanding, as of late, and the running game was really going very well.

In fact, the only weak point of our team that I saw was at QB. And, with good defense, the good ground attack, Jake did a good job vs. Atlanta of making plays when he needed to.

How is that a mediocre team? How is that any different than how we won the division last season?

Sure, we had two very key injuries. We lost possibly our best defensive player, and our most important offensive lineman. But, there's a little more to it than what you're suggesting.

We were nothing but OK before the injuries. 9-7 at absolute best with a tough schedule.

Screw up the whole O line (Wharton's always gotten beat like a drum by speed rushers), have a suspect D line sustain injuries (Pep at half power, Johnson out), and then give the other team only one LB to worry about (thus their blockers making a bee line for number 52 every running play) and you sure aren’t going to be world beaters.

Our offensive line couldn’t pass block to save their lives last night. Our D line was getting pushed around. We couldn’t convert on 3rd down or in the red zone. They got a turnover (on a horrid Jake pass) and we didn’t (when the ball bounced back to them). That’s how you lose ball games.

No the playcalling wasn’t all that good, but acting as if it’s that’s the only thing or even the main thing holding us back is bush league. Sorry, but a magical coaching change isn’t going to make us 5 time Super Bowl champions. We aren’t some dominant monster just waiting for the right man to appear from the mist.

Our defense is not talented enough to constantly cover for our offense. Our WR’s, Pass Blockers and QB aren’t good enough to cover for when the running game doesn’t work. We aren’t getting the breaks. That’s it.

I don't. He wouldn't have succeeded here any more than Davidson has. The way he was running the offense by the end of his time here, it was right to let him go.

But that doesn't mean I think Davidson is getting the job done.

Wouldn't matter if we got Bill Walsh in here, Fox would only be interested in 10% of his playbook.

We were nothing but OK before the injuries. 9-7 at absolute best with a tough schedule.

Screw up the whole O line (Wharton's always gotten beat like a drum by speed rushers), have a suspect D line sustain injuries (Pep at half power, Johnson out), and then give the other team only one LB to worry about (thus their blockers making a bee line for number 52 every running play) and you sure aren’t going to be world beaters.

Our offensive line couldn’t pass block to save their lives last night. Our D line was getting pushed around. We couldn’t convert on 3rd down or in the red zone. They got a turnover (on a horrid Jake pass) and we didn’t (when the ball bounced back to them). That’s how you lose ball games.

No the playcalling wasn’t all that good, but acting as if it’s that’s the only thing or even the main thing holding us back is bush league. Sorry, but a magical coaching change isn’t going to make us 5 time Super Bowl champions. We aren’t some dominant monster just waiting for the right man to appear from the mist.

Our defense is not talented enough to constantly cover for our offense. Our WR’s, Pass Blockers and QB aren’t good enough to cover for when the running game doesn’t work. We aren’t getting the breaks. That’s it.

I love that people thought we were okay with Wharton at LT, there's a darn good reason why he lost his job at LT and why we spent a first round pick on another tackle... we got a reminder of that last night.

Take an already putrid passing game and add a bad LT = recipe for 4-12.

I hope granny Fox is at least considering moving Otah over to LT and Wharton over to RT where he will be less of a liability.

I love that people thought we were okay with Wharton at LT, there's a darn good reason why he lost his job at LT and why we spent a first round pick on another tackle... we got a reminder of that last night.

Take an already putrid passing game and add a bad LT = recipe for 4-12.

I hope granny Fox is at least considering moving Otah over to LT and Wharton over to RT where he will be less of a liability.

We're talking about Jeff Otah on the Carolina Panthers, right?

Archived