• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you could rewind time…Would you have picked Mac Jones? (Article)

WarPanthers89

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

His whole career is largely  a 5-0 start in the XFL where he was the star of the league. He hasn't played enough in the NFL to get much of  a read on anything.  His career stats in the NFL are that he has attempted 71 passes total over 2 1/2 seasons which for most starting quarterbacks usually takes 2 or 3 games. So exactly how is that enough to decide he has always sucked??

I mean...I don't care what he did in XFL. You are aware he has played for us before, right? 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I mean...I don't care what he did in XFL. You are aware he has played for us before, right? 

And you are aware that I posted his career stats for the NFL which was a total of 1 start and a total of 71 passes. And you think that is enough to predict his future?? Are you premature about everything like you are about your proclamations of his success or failure after such little time?

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And you are aware that I posted his career stats for the NFL which was a total of 1 start and a total of 71 passes. And you think that is enough to predict his future?? Are you premature about everything like you are about your proclamations of his success or failure after such little time?

You did watch those passes, right?

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Don’t post on a message board because I’m wrong a lot? Hell there goes the entire Huddle. We are all wrong a lot. Even the professionals are wrong more than not. 

So your excuse for being wrong  a lot and posting stupid things is that you have good company.  Some of us actually do know what we are talking about. Maybe you should post less and read more.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

How would I know. I never claimed to be anything other than a fan. But that doesn't mean I can't be right about things like the fact Mac would be the most pro ready QB and will do well in a good system 

Bold move to be calling your shot 8 games into a career. He's done better than I expected but he still hasn't been super impressive. 

We will see how that comment ages.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Bold move to be calling your shot 8 games into a career. He's done better than I expected but he still hasn't been super impressive. 

We will see how that comment ages.

It already has aged well. I didn't say he would be the next Tom Brady or be an All pro. I said he was the most pro ready which he has shown and done well in a good offense.  Both true.  I am interested in seeing how he develops much like I am the other rookies who are starting. But anyone who knows football also knows that injuries and many other factors play as important a role in career success than just raw talent.