• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happened to the Offensive Line?

Tank

The o-line was pretty bad at times, but at other times good. This isn't a great pass blocking team even with Jordan Gross, so throwing 40+ times was a stupid idea. We run block, and we were doing that fine.

I hate Jake but he didn't lose us the game.

Losing Gross didn't help us much. There no excuse for our loss though, but our O-Line was struggling few times to protect Jake.

I don't want to hear it. Injuries happen. Unless DWill gets hurt, no injury on this team should keep us from winning. The Dolphins had 5 O-lineman back in the med-room during the game and still kept pressure off of Henne. It was the first game in like 30 that the Dolphins didn't give up at least one sack. They were putting people back in there that were limping and still owned us.

Jordan Gross breaking his ankle happened.
:shocked: Gross has nothing to do with. Every team has injuries. Good teams usually adjust to injuries to key starters been out. Like the Pats and Steelers. May I keep going. Bottom line is Fox is not the coach he us to be. Fox got out coahced by a HC on the other team thats has not been a HC no longer then a year and half in the league. It is ashame how Fox has been a HC for 8 years. But yet gets out coach by a rookie type coach. Fox no longer can no longer get it down. I mean my god out D got ran over by pothead RB in Ricky Willaims. Plus out front 4 got pushed around by a 2 and 3 string centers last night. How bad is that. And plus our D got burnt through the air by a backup QB in chad Henn. Are you freaking kidding me. Fox has become that bad of a coach.:shocked:

play. calling.

run the ball twenty more times, throw twenty less times, and statistically you have half the sacks. maybe less.

Yep. Whoever become the new head coach need to stick with what work (Fox, quit abandoning the run!!) & keep it up until the game is over. Shame Fox never learn from that so far now.

It "seems" that Davidson/Fox are trying to run a balanced attack and stretch the field. That is all find and dandy if you have the tools to do that but with a line built to run block as someone pointed out they sure seem hell bent on being pass heavy. Makes no sense at all. Maybe a quick dink and dunk pass game to compliment the running of DA and JS would be ok. I could even see an up tempo no huddle type of attack still being heavy on the run. But if you can't give a QB max protection to help with his pocket awareness and pass accuracy you get what you saw last night. The coaches are trying to force a particular attack to the players vs' taking the strength of the players and formulating an attack. These are professional coaches and staff...they should know better.

The negative effects of the Gross injury were twofold: we lost a stud LT, and we lost a stud LG (in Wharton who had to move to LT, where he is only decent).
Like I said. Lossing gross is no excuse what so ever. Good teams always makes adjustments no matter what starter goes out. Steelers and Pats are example. Carolina is no longer a good team. We are avg with real good RBs in the back field. That about it.

Archived