• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Good News? Free Agency

TheMaulClaw

1 hour ago, joemac said:

So you structure guys contracts where the big money starts in 2023? Give them big signing bonuses with voidable years on the back end and make the actual cap hit for the first year manageable for the team.

I was already considering that. Out of curiosity how much do you think a premiere pass rusher and a #1 CB will cost even considering this structure? I’m already assuming Jackson is gone…hopefully by tag and trade.

I’d wager at least 20 mil of that 30. And that’s generous. That’s if they’re ok helping the team out.

With draft picks and resigning a couple other FA’s we need from the team already, that 30 is gone.

Now of course there will be some fat to cut and shaq restructure needs to happen. No way he is worth close to 20 mil.

But keep in mind this assumes they roll with Darnold and don’t pay any other qb a dime. This also does not address the oline at all. I don’t think we will be big players in FA at all.

Yea…all I’m saying is get ready for another meek off-season and be realistic.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1