• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst coaching staff in Panthers history.

Zod

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I said all along when that happened it didn't feel right. Now we know. He made the right call.

I kinda think Luke walks away regardless of the new coach, tbh. He and Rivera had a special bond, his health was at serious risk, he knew it'd be a couple years before the team was competitive for a championship (this is regardless of coach) etc etc. Even a good coach is probably not having the roster competing for a championship immediately... But ideally in the playoff hunt or playoffs this year. Ah well.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I kinda think Luke walks away regardless of the new coach, tbh. He and Rivera had a special bond, his health was at serious risk, he knew it'd be a couple years before the team was competitive for a championship (this is regardless of coach) etc etc. Even a good coach is probably not having the roster competing for a championship immediately... But ideally in the playoff hunt or playoffs this year. Ah well.

I'm sure he legitimately did want a break from football altogether but I also think he got a sense of something from this regime that helped expedite his desire to move on.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Just to be clear, in my original comment, I meant I was pissed when he walked away from his staff position with the Panthers.  I don't blame him one bit for retiring.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Eh, it's not that simple.  NYJ wanted to pick the coaches coordinators or have a very strong hand in it...  NY Post reported that Bill Parcells told Rhule not to take a job where he didn't have final say in his OC and DC.  Which makes sense.  Rhule is bad but so are the Jets.  The problem isn't a HC picking their coordinators it's Rhule not being the coach people hoped.

I remember reading that they specifically wanted Gregg Williams to be the DC.

We all know now that Rhule wasn't going anywhere without Phil Snow.