• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just watch Sam's feet.

Zod

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Acting like Cam never panics is disingenuous. 

It’s disingenuous to imply what you are with this post.  Tom Brady panics then.  Rodgers.  Wilson.   Hell, even complete garbage QBs like PJ Walker. 

those guys reacting to pressure isn’t what is referenced when talking about Sam.   

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Not sure about that. Bienamy (sp) had a plan for Cam and apparently pitched it.

Unfortunately, that was a few years ago now.  Any coach getting the job now isn't going to want to rely on Cam.  It doesn't mean they show him the door immediately... But I bet he is a transition piece at best.  I wouldn't have a problem being wrong, just seems likely.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Coaching is part of the team.

They lineup play 10 times Carolina is winning most.  

Best team doesn’t always win.  That’s why sports is fun. 

different refs and the outcome might of be different too that day. Hard to say that crew didn’t influence the outcome. 

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Acting like Cam never panics is disingenuous. 

Dude Darnold is broken.  It may be - and I think this - that with a totally new situation and new, good OL the Happy feet could have been cured...

But that wasn't the case.  It is clear his footwork is atrocious to put it mildly... This isn't about Cam...

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cam spent most of his career behind bad OLs.    He doesn’t panic. 

It’s like being a punt returner.  You either have ice in your veins or you don’t.  Sam is a panic guy.  Always has been. 

Tbf I think Darnold (and Carr) had worse lines than Cam had, especially at the critical early years.  Cam also is tough as nails and had athleticism that allowed him to avoid sacks those dudes didn't.

Sad to think what Cam could have been with a truly great OL.

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Sad to think what Cam could have been with a truly great OL.

I dunno man.  He's got some real arm talent, but that's about it.  He can't read an NFL defense, and he doesn't have a good sense of when the pressure is coming.  For as many snaps as he has with no protection, you think he would have a better feel of when a guy is running straight at him.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
I'm a dumb dumb

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I dunno man.  He's got some real arm talent, but that's about it.  He can't read an NFL defense, and he doesn't have a good sense of when the pressure is coming.  For as many snaps as he has with no protection, you think he would have a better feel of when a guy is running straight at him.

Cam?  True he sometimes trusted his athleticism tooooo much and gave up sacks, but that was rare,  and he sure as fug could read defenses and had an incredible ability to extend plays.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

I misread that as Sam Darnold.  My bad lol

All good.

Darnold would have been better with better OLs but still no guarantees from him in terms of franchise-level talent... I do think it's ridiculous mismanagement to try to rehab a qb behind the garbage we did but hey the hubris of this staff knows no limits.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are Rivera and Shula coaching all ten games vs Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips?

I think so.  Bronco O was horrible.   We had good defense too.  

and I still don’t think they beat us without the refs adding them that day.  So in addition to the bad day to have a bad day….they got some big help to pull it off. 

Edited by CRA