• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Who Can/Should we Get as our New OC if Rhule Stays?

Michael G

I'm gonna be honest and objective about this. Look at the situation. We have a college coach who has won 10 games in two seasons. He is expected to go into next season on the hottest seat in the league. We are flailing at QB with terrible moves that are hamstringing both our draft capital and our cap space. We have no OL. We have some nice weapons at WR and arguably the best all-around (yet injury plagued) RB in the NFL, but we reportedly plan on shopping him.

If I was a legit candidate, why would I even consider this gig, especially if I'm a former HC with likely a plethora of NFL connections?

Honestly, the only real answer I'm coming up with is that I already have one foot out the door of coaching and I'm looking to fleece Tepper our of a retirement check to buy another vacation home and a fishing boat.

Tepper may be brilliant in the world of finance, but he's probably the biggest sucker in football right now and the word is out.

• Pie 1

Everyone wants to know what someone would join this "dumpster fire".

Two reasons, money and opportunity.

Fans see all these multimillion dollar contracts that HCs get and lose sight of what coordinators and positions coaches make.

A young position coach maybe has never made over 300k in their life, and honesty most years they made way less than that trying to get their foot in the door.  If someone throws $1m at them that is hard to turn down.

Everyone likes to say just wait for the better job, there is and always will be more candidates than openings.

• Pie 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I know we're in the hopium phase of the year right now but this is all over the game film that every defense we face is going to be waiting for. If Bryce keeps doing this sooner or later we are going to be stuck arguing over why this or that receiver sucks because they can't bail out Bryce all the time. Legette would just be next in line. Bryce is a first overall pick. He's got to figure out how to get some more torque out of his arm. These yarns about his frame and this and that just seem like an excuse to justify him not wanting to lift weights. He's got to match the output of his offensive counterparts who have been putting in the work.
    • Well, if we'd sat Bryce then we'd have gone 17~0 on the way to Superb Owl win!  Of course right? Honestly, it's one of those Schrodinger's Cat situations.  There are an infinite number of possibilities that it could have been between: Worse and Better.   Dalton would have looked better.  We'd have won more games.  Reich would probably be going into year two with Scott Fitterer at GM.  Would we be a be a better team? We would have zero idea if Bryce was the dude, kind of where we are now.  Except Bryce would not have had as much adversity.  With QBs in the NFL, you don't have much time to evaluate.  You used to be able to sit guys for a year or two, but now a days, you are up and playing week 1. I think we'd be in worse shape honestly.  I like how things are going right now under D&D.  I am not sure Fitterer would have done any better in FA or the Draft or if Reich would have shown his coaching acumen any better in 2024. So instead of changing the past, we have to keep looking forward.  Learn the lessons from the past, but keep moving forward.