• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl Quarterbacks: Day One

BlitzMonster

1 hour ago, BlitzMonster said:

Rich Eisen show - the discussion with Albert Breer Feb 5th

some quotes from the very beginning of the interview:

• at the Senior Bowl:  "I don't know if there's a single NFL starter out there. "
  • "this draft class is not great"
  • "the worst since 2013"

After the Senior Bowl, I would say the consensus seems to be that this is an even weaker QB class than thought.

No 1st round talents to be found.

• Pie 1

Maybe 2013 should have been a no-QB draft.    EJ Manuel was selected at #16 by Buffalo as the only QB chosen in the 1st.   

Manuel was a big, strong, fast, rocket armed QB who had great success in college at a top program (Florida State).  But he never developed into a reliable pro starter.  He was essentially done after just his first season in the NFL. 

Injuries contributed to Manuel's demise.  And also his coach Doug Marrone quit Buffalo after just 2 years and new coach Rex Ryan just didn't seem too interested in him.  So changing offensive schemes and franchise instability didn't help him much either.  

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Beer 1

I didn't watch the Senior Bowl, but from what I have read about the QBs, it was exactly what I thought it would be.  That being an underwhelming performance by a poor QB class.  Unsually one or two QBs take the opportunity to separate themselves and from reports I have read by scouting sites, it only confirmed the questions about each of them.  Ridder looks like he may be the winner.  Pickett? Yes, he was perfect, but on mostly underneath passes.  Kenny's TD was a simple dump off that the RB took to the house.  Willis looked as unpolished as advertised while the athleticism still intrigues.  Howell showed his inconsistency.  Strong showed he'll be turned into fertilizer at the next level.  Unfortunately, Zappe's arm is going to hold him back.  He show's the knowledge and moxie to succeed at the next level, but he simply doesn't have an NFL arm.

In short...STAY AWAY from QBs in this draft class!!!

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I didn't watch the Senior Bowl, but from what I have read about the QBs, it was exactly what I thought it would be.  That being an underwhelming performance by a poor QB class.  Unsually one or two QBs take the opportunity to separate themselves and from reports I have read by scouting sites, it only confirmed the questions about each of them.  Ridder looks like he may be the winner.  Pickett? Yes, he was perfect, but on mostly underneath passes.  Kenny's TD was a simple dump off that the RB took to the house.  Willis looked as unpolished as advertised while the athleticism still intrigues.  Howell showed his inconsistency.  Strong showed he'll be turned into fertilizer at the next level.  Unfortunately, Zappe's arm is going to hold him back.  He show's the knowledge and moxie to succeed at the next level, but he simply doesn't have an NFL arm.

In short...STAY AWAY from QBs in this draft class!!!

"I didn't watch the Senior Bowl but..."

*proceeds to provide analysis of the QB play in the Senior Bowl*

😂

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

"I didn't watch the Senior Bowl but..."

*proceeds to provide analysis of the QB play in the Senior Bowl*

😂

I've read several reviews/recaps by folks much more qualified than you or myself on the Senior Bowl QB play.  That's all I need.  Actually, had one or more reports contradicted what I already knew about this sorry-arse QB class, then I may have been compelled to go back and watch it. 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I've read several reviews/recaps by folks much more qualified than you or myself on the Senior Bowl QB play.  That's all I need.  Actually, had one or more reports contradicted what I already knew about this sorry-arse QB class, then I may have been compelled to go back and watch it. 

You didn't miss anything. None of the QB's played any better than they did during the practices. 

A few flash plays from Willis, Howell, Ridder, Strong and then a bunch of inconsistency. 

Just a really bad class. Maybe Corrall impresses. He is about all the hope left.

• Pie 1