• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets trying to trade PJ for a big man

Captain Morgan

54 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I've read that we might have a deal:

PJ Washington to the Heat
Marcus Morris + Omer Yurtseven + 2nd Round Pick to Charlotte

I don't know if I like that but we need to get bigger and better on defense. This would do that. I have felt that we need to sell high on PJ cus we are definitely keeping Miles next year and giving him a big bag.

Marcus Morris is on the Clippers.

Markieff Morris is on the Heat and has been injured all season.  Assuming they meant Markieff.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I don't know if I like that but we need to get bigger and better on defense. This would do that. I have felt that we need to sell high on PJ cus we are definitely keeping Miles next year and giving him a big bag.

https://heatnation.com/rumors/report-miami-heat-interested-in-trading-omer-yurtseven-kz-okpala-or-markieff-morris-for-p-j-washington/

Here’s an article from the past few minutes that confirms the interest.  And it has a Heat insider as a source.  

9 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm not a fan of any of those trade ideas. The Hornets still have a logjam at PF even without Washington. Trading NO's protected first, which should be higher than Miami's if it conveys, for Miami's doesn't seem that smart. Gutting the guard depth for Wood also doesn't seem like a smart move.

No chance that NO’s pick is higher. They’d have to manage to win two play in games and get it in over the likes of the Clippers and Lakers.

8 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Hell no. Those look like a bunch of Rich Cho panic trades. We come out as losers in every one of those deals.

They only way Mitch is making a move is if it nets us a starting center.

PJ, Nick or Vern (Maybe McDaniels but we need him if we move PJ) a protected future first and a second for a guy like Jusuf Nurkic, (only if we plan to extend him) Christian Wood, or Richaun Holmes are the kind of deals Mitch should be after. No way I'm giving up Bouknight half a year into his rookie season. If a trade doesn't happen we can sign a guy like Mitchell Robinson or Nurkic in free agency without having to give up any assets. 

We have control of Lamelo for 3 more years after this season. No need to fug up and do something stupid at the deadline because you think he's going to leave. We're on the right track. Mitch just needs to continue to do what he's been doing. Our future is bright. 

You aren’t getting anything of quality without giving up quality. That’s been the story of this trade deadline. See Sacramento trading Haliburton and Hield for Sabonis.

3 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

The only way you do this trade is if Morris gets cleared. He’s been out for months and some in the Heat organization don’t even want to clear him.

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

You aren’t getting anything of quality without giving up quality. That’s been the story of this trade deadline. See Sacramento trading Haliburton and Hield for Sabonis.

We all know Mitch isn’t making some snap judgment trade right?  He has never done that and for good reason.  The Hornets aren’t there yet but another offseason could change things, no need to reach unless it benefits us next 2-3 years 

PJ Washington is a good young big who can step out and shoot lights out.  He definitely has serious worth in the right system.  Fug Miami I am slamming the phone down on that bullshet trade

Edited by Shocker

14 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The only way you do this trade is if Morris gets cleared. He’s been out for months and some in the Heat organization don’t even want to clear him.

He’s been suffering from whiplash.  Sabonis is hit him hard in the back/neck in October.  He’s been wanting to play the past month but Miami has been holding him back.

I like the Morris brothers a lot as “enforcers” at the PF position.  And a true 7’0 center in Yurt...I’ll take that deal.  We could use (need!) both.  I hope this deal happens.  (Note:  KZ was just traded earlier today so he won’t be in this possible deal).

4 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

He’s been suffering from whiplash.  Sabonis is hit him hard in the back/neck in October.  He’s been wanting to play the past month but Miami has been holding him back.

I like the Morris brothers a lot as “enforcers” at the PF position.  And a true 7’0 center in Yurt...I’ll take that deal.  We could use (need!) both.  I hope this deal happens.  (Note:  KZ was just traded earlier today so he won’t be in this possible deal).

Holy shet…this is lunacy.  Jesus.  Crazy shet.  Yurt is a “true center”.  LOL.  That guy is horrible.  Terrible.  Kai Jones is way better.  Why?  Damn…this better not happen 

Edited by Shocker

33 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

No chance that NO’s pick is higher. They’d have to manage to win two play in games and get it in over the likes of the Clippers and Lakers.

I meant it should be the earlier of the two picks. Even if NO makes the playoffs, Miami should go further and therefore have the later pick of the two.

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Holy shet…this is lunacy.  Jesus.  Crazy shet.  Yurt is a “true center”.  LOL.  That guy is horrible.  Terrible.  Kai Jones is way better.  Why?  Damn…this better not happen 

You probably know as little about Yurt as I do...but look him up.  23 year old 7-footer and better rim protector and scorer than what we have (Plumlee).  

PJ Washington is not a star, nevermind a starter on the 9th place team.  

This is not a barn-burner trade, it’s a slight upgrade at C and maybe PF if Morris becomes available soon.  (This trade is still a rumor for the record).