• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore - what’s a good contract?

ECHornet

DJ Moore is not worth a contract extension. He is trending down in the NFL, and not up. He'd be lucky to be the #3 WR on good teams for a couple more seasons. He is a good #2 at best.

Let him go and move on. Still searching for a franchise WR and Moore is holding the Panthers back on that journey. He's had 4 years to show he can make an impact and produce wins.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

24 years old w bad QB, elite traits, 3 1000 yard seasons. That's exactly the type of player you invest in, especially if you plan on acquiring a better QB in the future. Can't help but shake my head at some of these hot takes. Also, it ain't your money so stop being stingy, Tepper is rich af

I dont think anyone is saying he is not talented, but signing him to some stupid top end WR deal is not going to produce more wins for us.

Just now, PootieNunu said:

I dont think anyone is saying he is not talented, but signing him to some stupid top end WR deal is not going to produce more wins for us.

That's gonna be the market for a 25 year old WR who's been productive with bad QB play and skills, like great YAC and deep speed, that literally every team is looking for in the modern nfl. Hes also still getting better. I really don't understand being cheap with David Tepper's money, especially with a core player like him. 

I mean if you can't see that DJ is a guy you keep, I can't help you. He, CMC, Burns, and Jaycee are clearly the most talented guys on the roster and unlike Christian, DJ has been healthy and plays a more valuable position. Unless Christian changes his number to 5 and moves to the slot. Then this offense is gonna be cooking when they finally get the QB and Oline worked out. Don't be ridiculous. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

That's gonna be the market for a 25 year old WR who's been productive with bad QB play and skills, like great YAC and deep speed, that literally every team is looking for in the modern nfl. Hes also still getting better. I really don't understand being cheap with David Tepper's money, especially with a core player like him. 

No one is worried about Tepper’s money. The discussion is about how to best utilize cap space. 

What is his value to you? North of 20mil per?

I'm arguing that we should re-sign a fantastic player who's young as hell, productive regardless of circumstances, and STILL getting better at a premium position. Thats expensive but the cap isnt real anyway. He also keeps his mouth shut and is marketable. Yall hesitant about that? QBs need weapons, DJ is absolutely that and more. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Beer 1

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Is he getting better? He had quite a few drops last year, it just didnt look as bad because Robby was dropping everything. He is a good WR , but not a true #1. 

IF some team wants to pay him some ridiculous amount I would let him walk.

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Is he getting better? He had quite a few drops last year, it just didnt look as bad because Robby was dropping everything. He is a good WR , but not a true #1. 

IF some team wants to pay him some ridiculous amount I would let him walk.

Lol you are a bad judge of talent and have forgotten how hard it was to find a wr after Steve Smith