• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore - what’s a good contract?

ECHornet

10 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Bill Belichick was talking him up as one of the best young WRs in the game before we played them this year, I think he knows more than some bored randos on a message board

Some just can't let the grudge go there were people hating on him through his first and second season because we didn't take Ridley. They got egg on their face now and the only thing left is to drag him because he couldn't will us to victory when we have terrible QB's.

5 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

If we don't pay him, Washington will. 

Yep, that's three possibilities. Washington, New Englad where the coach loves him like he loved Gilmore when he was in Buffalo, and LA bc he'd be amazing with Herbert.

He's also from Philly so Philadelphia. Ppl want to let this walk bc money? Way to pretend you're being pragmatic when they're just being silly. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yep, that's three possibilities. Washington, New Englad where the coach loves him like he loved Gilmore when he was in Buffalo, and LA bc he'd be amazing with Herbert.

He's also from Philly so Philadelphia. Ppl want to let this walk bc money? Way to pretend you're being pragmatic when they're just being silly. 

Its not being silly, his contract value is going to be more than his actual worth. 

He does not belong with the real top end WRs in this league, yet you want to pay him like he does. Anything over 18m per season is an overpay, but you are ready to give up 21-22m per season for a guy that is more like a top 15 WR, not a top 5 WR.

I get he is our draft pick and has been here for a few years but some of you get too attached and start overhyping our players. DJ is worth a tad more than Samuel was, thats it. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Poo 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Its not being silly, his contract value s going to be more than his actual worth. 

He does not belong with the real top end WRs in this league, yet you want to pay him like he does. Anything over 18m per season is an overpay, but you are ready to give up 21-22m per season for a guy that is more like a top 15 W, not a top 5 WR.

I get he is our draft pick and has been here for a few years but some of you get too attached and start overhyping our players. DJ is worth a tad more than Samuel was, thats it. 

You are a bad judge of talent and don't understand the effect of bad qb play on skill players. 

It should make everyone on this board vomit to think of DJ Moore leaving here and signing with NE to catch passes from Mac fugging Jones. 

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

You are a bad judge of talent and don't understand the effect of bad qb play on skill players. 

It should make everyone on this board vomit to think of DJ Moore leaving here and signing with NE to catch passes from Mac fugging Jones. 

To put up similar numbers on an absurd contract? DJ would be best with a guy that can hit the deep shots, not mac fuggin jones. 

Dj with mac jones would get 1k yards with 4-5 TDs for a stupid amount of money. 

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

And with the cap going up I expect a lot of guys to get paid north of 20 mill in the coming years. DJ, Terry McLaurin, AJB, DK Metcalf. DJ is comparable to all of them and has had by FAR the worst QB situation. Just stop it. 

Like I said you are overrating him. McLaurin and Metcalf are superior to DJ. 

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Okay Miss Cleo

I wonder how much you overhyped Julio before he got traded last year, you have some sort of WR fetish. DJ is a middling WR, he does not catch the tough passes, he does not have a big body, he is not a red zone threat. He is good with YAC and needs someone that can deliver the ball on time. 

You dont pay top end money for that kind of WR. IF he can be had for 16-18m sure, if not good luck up on the commanders with your buddy Samuel, we see how it worked out for him. 

Edited by PootieNunu

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Like I said you are overrating him. McLaurin and Metcalf are superior to DJ. 

I wonder how much you overhyped Julio before he got traded last year, you have some sort of WR fetish. DJ is a middling WR, he does not catch the tough passes, he does not have a big body. He is good with YAC and needs someone that can deliver the ball on time. 

You're putting words in my mouth, I don't care about Julio Jones. Please shut up

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You're putting words in my mouth, I don't care about Julio Jones. Please shut up

I was just wondering, we had a Julio thread here last offseason with quite a few guys drooling over him. We see how that worked out. 

DJ has a chance to end up like Cooks. Bouncing all around the league because he is not as good as he thinks he is and wants a boatload of money. 

Edited by PootieNunu

1 hour ago, PootieNunu said:

I was just wondering, we had a Julio thread here last offseason with quite a few guys drooling over him. We see how that worked out. 

DJ has a chance to end up like Cooks. Bouncing all around the league because he is not as good as he thinks he is and wants a boatload of money. 

What, man DJ has done what he’s done without a QB in the last three years. The moment he gets a QB to hit him in stride consistently he’ll be one of the most dominant WR out here. I don’t know if you’re evaluating him based off the entire situation we have a poor line and bottom of the barrel QB play

Edited by trucpfan