• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Superbowl Thread

Zod

7 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Yet you still need the pro bowl to make the HOF. 

Kyler was the leading mvp candidate before he got hurt, at the time of the voting he was clearly having a better season.

And more recently the jags have the number 1 pick on back to back seasons. And have picked top 5 in the last 15 years more than any team in nfl history over a 15 year stretch 

9 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Yet you still need the pro bowl to make the HOF. 

Kyler was the leading mvp candidate before he got hurt, at the time of the voting he was clearly having a better season.

And more recently the jags have the number 1 pick on back to back seasons. And have picked top 5 in the last 15 years more than any team in nfl history over a 15 year stretch 

Pro Bowl voting ended in mid December, Murray missed the entire month of November. 

It stands to reason that the Lions would have been even worse during the 15 year period without Stafford. 

13 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Pro Bowl voting ended in mid December, Murray missed the entire month of November. 

It stands to reason that the Lions would have been even worse during the 15 year period without Stafford. 

And it started in mid November when Kyler only had one loss as a starter.

They just finished with a better record without Stafford….

And who is to say they wouldn’t have drafted a better QB

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

And it started in mid November when Kyler only had one loss as a starter.

They just finished with a better record without Stafford….

And who is to say they wouldn’t have drafted a better QB

And ended when he missed a quarter of the season. The fact that you’re reaching this far to defend the sanctity of the Pro Bowl because you can’t just admit you had a hot take is killing me. 

Yeah 3-13-1 is so much better than 3-14. Their third win was the last game of the season against the packers who had nothing at all to play for and benched Rodgers at halftime. 

Good luck finding a QB that would have done better playing for clowns like Matt Patricia, Jim Schwartz, and Rod Marinelli.

16 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

And ended when he missed a quarter of the season. The fact that you’re reaching this far to defend the sanctity of the Pro Bowl because you can’t just admit you had a hot take is killing me. 

Yeah 3-13-1 is so much better than 3-14. Their third win was the last game of the season against the packers who had nothing at all to play for and benched Rodgers at halftime. 

Good luck finding a QB that would have done better playing for clowns like Matt Patricia, Jim Schwartz, and Rod Marinelli.

At that same time the voting was coming to and end Stafford was throwing pick sixes left and right, single handily losing games for the rams. And you wonder why he wasn’t voted in. 

Actually 3-13-1 with a -141 point differential is much better than the jags 3-14 -204 point differential.

Stafford had a part in getting those guys fired, don’t forget Caldwell also.

7 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

At that same time the voting was coming to and end Stafford was throwing pick sixes left and right, single handily losing games for the rams. And you wonder why he wasn’t voted in. 

Another scorching hot take! Let's look at the games Stafford played in before Pro Bowl voting ended...

@ Green Bay 21 of 38 302 yards, 3 TDs 1 INT in a 36-28 loss. A one score game on the road against the #1 seed and the league MVP.

vs. Jacksonville 26 of 38, 295 yards, 3 TDs 0 INT, in a 37-7 win

vs. Arizona 23 of 30, 287 yards, 3 TDs, O INTs, in a 30-23 win

Yeah I do wonder why he wasn't voted in and I also wonder how you're going to backpedal from your last post. While you're at it, why don't you tell us why Lamar Jackson made the Pro Bowl as a starter over Joe Burrow AND Josh Allen. Or why Stefon Gilmore made it in as an alternate despite playing only 8 games for an awful team. 

Actually 3-13-1 with a -141 point differential is much better than the jags 3-14 -204 point differential.

If you say so! Sounds like two equally shitty teams. 

Stafford had a part in getting those guys fired, don’t forget Caldwell also.

I didn't bring up Caldwell because he was actually a decent coach. Only Lions coach with a winning record since the 1960s that didn't serve on an interim basis, even had two playoff appearances in 4 years. Naturally the idiots in charge of the Lions fired him to bring in Matt fuging Patricia. The same Matt Patricia who couldn't outcoach Matt Rhule. But yeah that's Matt Stafford's fault 😆

Edited by X-Clown

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Just an FYI, but being part of a losing team can in fact help this as they are behind more often. I’d think Brady isn’t the leader in this because how often were the Pats in comeback mode against the Dolphins, Bills and Jets.

Brady has 31 4th quarter comebacks since 2009, Stafford has 34. It's pretty close.

If you look at the career leaders (not just since Stafford started), it's Peyton, Brady, Ben, Brees, then Stafford. That's pretty good company, considering that the top 4 guys played on winning teams for their whole careers. 

Edited by X-Clown

42 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I expect them to be on it because they are the QBs with longevity and are good. I don’t think Stafford sucks but I do think he’s got longevity and more opportunities than the rest. It wouldn’t shock me that in that same time period that he’s had twice as many opportunities for 4th quarter comebacks. That’s why I could see him with slightly more comebacks than the others, but I’d rather have all of the others than Stafford.

I'm not saying that he's better than any of those guys. The argument has been made against him that supposedly his passing yards and TDs are just a function of being behind all the time and playing against soft defenses. I would think that yes he would have more opportunities if that's the case, but at the same time he wouldn't have as many of them under his belt. Teddy Bridgewater sure did have a shitload of them for us in 2020, but won zero of them.

Edited by X-Clown

32 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

For comparison…

SB 50 Cam Newton: 21/48 44%

The number for Mahomes against Tampa was something insane too IIRC. But yeah it’s funny how many people talk about the fumble that he didn’t dive on as why we lost as opposed to becoming a human piñata.

14 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Lmao now I know you are not watching the games. Going into the 4Q vs GB the rams were losing 36-17 and Stafford just threw his lead leading pick six. Do you just read the stat sheet and think he had a good game? Lmao

let me guess when we played him in 2017 and had an 17 point lead entering the 4Q you also thought he had a good game. 

It’s like talking to a child, I already stated the pro bowl isn’t the end all be all and there are guys who get snubbed every year. What you clearly keep avoiding is the FACT every single HOF QB has had more than one pro bowl appearance, can’t handle facts.

The jags were worse than the lions without Stafford and have been worse over the last 15 years all the data backs that up and now you can’t accept that. 

So Stafford had a decent coach according to you and he still struggled to beat win I g  teams. You have guys like Peyton who took 4 different coaches to a SB and Stafford is out here struggling to get even over .500 and you think he’s a HOFer 

LMAO

12 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Lmao now I know you are not watching the games. Going into the 4Q vs GB the rams were losing 36-17 and Stafford just threw his lead leading pick six. Do you just read the stat sheet and think he had a good game? Lmao

Your claim was he was "throwing pick sixes left and right and losing games" right before the Pro Bowl to explain why he shouldn't have made it (over a guy who was injured and missed a quarter of the season). When you say games and pick sixes, one would think that's plural and happened multiple times. Instead he threw one INT altogether that was a pick six. The other two games were wins, and it's a total of 9 TDs vs. 1 INT. You are just making poo up as you go along, I'm sorry if it offends you that I'm calling you out on it.

let me guess when we played him in 2017 and had an 17 point lead entering the 4Q you also thought he had a good game. 

Don't remember claiming that was the case. I would change the subject too.

It’s like talking to a child, I already stated the pro bowl isn’t the end all be all

Eventually you did

and there are guys who get snubbed every year.

You definitely didn't admit to that until now. Hence all the stretching you did about how flawless the process was working out in naming Kyler Murray over Stafford. 

What you clearly keep avoiding is the FACT every single HOF QB has had more than one pro bowl appearance, can’t handle facts.

Maybe you didn't read this post the first time. I'll post it again.

"So you're admitting the pro bowl is bullshit now. Thank you. It would stand to reason then that it should not be the primary factor to dismiss someone from consideration. Every player's career resume has a different path and every time period in NFL history is unique."

I didn't claim there weren't Hall of Famers who had more than one pro bowl. That is a strawman that you keep going back to. 

What I did say is to consider why he didn't make the Pro Bowl more than once. I've already given you two other years that he should have been selected. I've also pointed out that he's played in the same conference as three or four other future Hall of Famers which limits his selectability, as well as the bad franchise he played most of his career for. I've already provided you several other examples of why the process for who goes is stupid and can provide countless others if you still don't believe it. His case is unique, and the thing he's got in his favor is that he won a Super Bowl the first year he left the Lions to go with the other career numbers. If he retired today I don't think he makes it, but if he plays at a high level for another 3-4 years, makes deep playoff runs and wins another Super Bowl, he will get in regardless if he doesn't make another pro bowl.

The jags were worse than the lions without Stafford

Barely, thanks to Urban Meyer. But congrats to the Lions on being the 31st best team in the league. That clearly shows that they aren't a joke.

and have been worse over the last 15 years all the data backs that up and now you can’t accept that. 

Well considering the Lions at least had a good QB over that period, of course they were better in terms of overall record. The Jags trotted out an array of bums like Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles. They at least put a team around Bortles that was good enough to win but he submarined them. They are undoubtably a bad organization too. 

So Stafford had a decent coach according to you 

Yes, Jim Caldwell was a decent coach, I did say that. 

and he still struggled to beat win I g  teams.

Wins are not a QB statistic. The teams around him as a whole weren't very good outside of the 5 years he had with Calvin Johnson. If memory serves correctly he had 1 defense in 11 years that was in the top 10 of the league, and 1 year where the Lions were in top half of the league in rushing. They fired Caldwell because they are idiots and couldn't wait to trip over their dicks to bring in Matt Patricia. 

You have guys like Peyton who took 4 different coaches to a SB and Stafford is out here struggling to get even over .500 and you think he’s a HOFer 

Wins. Are. Not. A. QB. Statistic. If they were, then why trade Jared "Just wins Games" Goff for Stafford in the first place? Peyton is probably the 2nd best QB in league history, but you're crazy if you think his supporting casts weren't better in his career than Stafford's prior to this year. 

Edited by X-Clown