• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Superbowl Thread

Zod

9 hours ago, X-Clown said:

He has and voters were taking that into account 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2022/01/02/matthew-stafford-throws-fourth-pick-six-of-the-season-27th-of-his-career/

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sports-los-angeles-green-bay-packers-los-angeles-rams-254c20587b9d247c8698e5319949bdd2

You just were saying how average QBs make the pro bowl, so now it’s cause there were HOF QBs in the nfc, do you want me to list all the non HOF QBs who have made pro bowls over the last decade. It’s not hard that’s why it hilarious to even argue that that thinks Stafford is HOF player now

Winning isn’t a QB stat yet your whole argument centers around the fact that Stafford just WON the SB. So what is it? 

A QB most certainly has the most affect of any position whether a team wins or not especially in the regular season. There’s a reason Caldwell had a winning record with Peyton, on that same colts roster that went 2-14. Why does Rivera have a losing record without Cam and winning with him? 

You bring up defense, you know it’s hard for a defense to be competitive when your QB does nothing for 3 quarters right? That 2017 that you dismiss is a perfect example. Stafford had 100 yards 0 TD going into the 4Q, but yeah let’s blame the defense. And not rushing the ball helped his volume stats which are bolstering his argument nowadays.

The lions weren’t even close to the 31st team. They have had better offensive weapons and pass protection than the overwhelming majority of teams in Stafford tenure. It’s not their fault they had an underachieving QB. You are making the same argue me that Darnold fanboys made “hurrr the jets never won a game when Darnold was hurt” that’s doesn’t mean Darnold was any good. Same goes for Stafford, if the lions had a legit franchise changing QB their fortune would have been a whole life different. 

3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

He has and voters were taking that into account 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2022/01/02/matthew-stafford-throws-fourth-pick-six-of-the-season-27th-of-his-career/

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sports-los-angeles-green-bay-packers-los-angeles-rams-254c20587b9d247c8698e5319949bdd2

You just were saying how average QBs make the pro bowl, so now it’s cause there were HOF QBs in the nfc, do you want me to list all the non HOF QBs who have made pro bowls over the last decade. It’s not hard that’s why it hilarious to even argue that that thinks Stafford is HOF player now

Winning isn’t a QB stat yet your whole argument centers around the fact that Stafford just WON the SB. So what is it? 

A QB most certainly has the most affect of any position whether a team wins or not especially in the regular season. There’s a reason Caldwell had a winning record with Peyton, on that same colts roster that went 2-14. Why does Rivera have a losing record without Cam and winning with him? 

You bring up defense, you know it’s hard for a defense to be competitive when your QB does nothing for 3 quarters right? That 2017 that you dismiss is a perfect example. Stafford had 100 yards 0 TD going into the 4Q, but yeah let’s blame the defense. And not rushing the ball helped his volume stats which are bolstering his argument nowadays.

The lions weren’t even close to the 31st team. They have had better offensive weapons and pass protection than the overwhelming majority of teams in Stafford tenure. It’s not their fault they had an underachieving QB. You are making the same argue me that Darnold fanboys made “hurrr the jets never won a game when Darnold was hurt” that’s doesn’t mean Darnold was any good. Same goes for Stafford, if the lions had a legit franchise changing QB their fortune would have been a whole life different. 

The first article you just posted was written about a game AFTER the pro bowl voting finished, which your claim was that he was playing terrible the last weeks before the Pro Bowl voting ended. I mean if you haven’t learned the weeks and months of the year yet, then it makes sense why you keep having trouble keeping up with this discussion, and can’t seem to correctly interpret what you are reading. Some other day when you start making those connections, we can revisit this discussion.

Until then, adios

Edited by X-Clown

20 hours ago, X-Clown said:

The first article you just posted was written about a game AFTER the pro bowl voting finished, which your claim was that he was playing terrible the last weeks before the Pro Bowl voting ended. I mean if you haven’t learned the weeks and months of the year yet, then it makes sense why you keep having trouble keeping up with this discussion, and can’t seem to correctly interpret what you are reading. Some other day when you start making those connections, we can revisit this discussion.

Until then, adios

I posted another article there you seem to avoid, I also said never specified a specific week, so yes Stafford led the nfl in picks and pick sixes or do you deny that. From November 7 to end of the season he had 13 ints 

nice of you to dodge more facts 

12 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

I posted another article there you seem to avoid, I also said never specified a specific week, 

Alright, let's hit the brakes right here. I am going to need you to have someone read you the following excerpts of direct quotes of posts that were made by both you and I because clearly you can't do this on your own.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:49 PM, GoobyPls said:

Kyler was the leading mvp candidate before he got hurt, at the time of the voting he was clearly having a better season.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:15 AM, X-Clown said:

Pro Bowl voting ended in mid December, Murray missed the entire month of November. 

On 2/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, GoobyPls said:

And it started in mid November when Kyler only had one loss as a starter.

On 2/17/2022 at 12:19 AM, X-Clown said:

And ended when he missed a quarter of the season. The fact that you’re reaching this far to defend the sanctity of the Pro Bowl because you can’t just admit you had a hot take is killing me. 

On 2/17/2022 at 12:45 AM, GoobyPls said:

At that same time the voting was coming to and end Stafford was throwing pick sixes left and right, single handily losing games for the rams. And you wonder why he wasn’t voted in. 

On 2/17/2022 at 7:48 AM, X-Clown said:

Another scorching hot take! Let's look at the only games Stafford played in before Pro Bowl voting ended...

@ Green Bay 21 of 38 302 yards, 3 TDs 1 INT in a 36-28 loss. A one score game on the road against the #1 seed and the league MVP.

vs. Jacksonville 26 of 38, 295 yards, 3 TDs 0 INT, in a 37-7 win

vs. Arizona 23 of 30, 287 yards, 3 TDs, O INTs, in a 30-23 win

On 2/18/2022 at 10:21 AM, X-Clown said:

Your claim was that he was "throwing pick sixes" left and right before the Pro Bowl voting to explain why he shouldn't have made it over a guy who was injured and missed a quarter of the season. When you say games and pick sixes, one would think that's plural and happened multiple times. Instead he threw one INT altogether that was a pick six. The other two games were wins, and it's a total of 9 TDs, vs. one INT. You are just making poo up as you go along, I'm sorry if it offends you that I'm calling you out on it.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:51 PM, GoobyPls said:

Your last post starts with an article talking about a game in January. The last time I checked January 2022 took place after December 15, 2021 is when Pro Bowl voting ended. The second article references the Packers game which was already pointed out above, what exactly did I ignore? It happened once during Pro Bowl voting, just like I said. Your claim, directly quoted above was that it happened multiple times before Pro Bowl voting ended. This is why I can't continue a discussion with you, you can't keep up with (and correctly interpret) not only what I've said, but even your own claims. It's like trying to watch Sam Darnold read a defense, and I don't want to see that anymore either. 

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

Alright, let's hit the brakes right here. I am going to need you to have someone read you the following excerpts of direct quotes of posts that were made by both you and I because clearly you can't do this on your own.

Your last post starts with an article talking about a game in January. The last time I checked January 2022 took place after December 15, 2021 is when Pro Bowl voting ended. The second article references the Packers game which was already pointed out above, what exactly did I ignore? It happened once during Pro Bowl voting, just like I said. Your claim, directly quoted above was that it happened multiple times before Pro Bowl voting ended. This is why I can't continue a discussion with you, you can't keep up with (and correctly interpret) not only what I've said, but even your own claims. It's like trying to watch Sam Darnold read a defense, and I don't want to see that anymore either. 

Those are just the first two articles to pop up that’s how bad Stafford was playing o can keep posting them from multiple dates.

Either way you seem to pick and choose what to respond to, cause you have zero comeback for most of what I say. Only a complete moron would make the argument for Stafford being a HOF now.