• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 Charlotte FC Game Thread

MillionDollarCam

First half thoughts:

- I originally really liked Lindsey but the last few times that I’ve watched him, he’s really struggled. Benji Michel absolutely cooked him on Orlando’s goal. Additionally, Fuchs just isn’t a LB anymore, I’d prefer him at CB.

- Corujo is a great CB and though I usually give Makoun poo, he saved a goal tonight.

- Bronico seems like a nice guy but he’s invisible and with him being a CDM that’s not a good thing. He needs to truly be an extension of the back four… a Kellyn Acosta type player if you will.

- I’m not sure what’s up with Franco but he just hasn’t impressed me at all this season. Not sure what is successful passing % is but imagine that it can’t be good.

- Ortiz is playing the best game of his Charlotte career tonight, very active on both ends of the field.

- Jordy Alcivar is probably my favorite player I just love the way he moves off the ball.

- The Swiderski and Rios connection is no longer working. Teams have scouted us and are essentially shifting all focus to Swiderski which forces him to drop down into the midfield to receive a pass. Every time Swiderski drops he leaves Rios on an island and Rios is not prime Altidore, he’s not scoring by himself.

- I was originally ecstatic with the start as I was happy with our press and I thought that the inswinging balls from outside backs were really dangerous. Now we are playing to slow again and getting no service.

- The goal we gave up off of our own corner was atrocious. I mean this is JV poo… if you send your CB’s up for the corner under no circumstance should both your outside backs and CDM also be that far forward. Just all around poo communication by Lindsey and Bronico.

I’d switch the whole thing up next game… 

4-3-3 Triangle

GK - Kahlina

LB - Mora

LCB - Fuchs

RCB - Corujo

RB - Afful

CDM - Alcivar

CM - Ortiz

CM - Ruiz

LW - Bender

ST - Swiderski

RW - Jozwiak

It’s a shame Armour and Hegardt got hurt. I’d love to have Hegardt at CDM and Armour at LB right now.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

With a lead or playing at home we're like a completely different team. Without that the attacks are uncoordinated and lack any sort of vision. We have enough playmakers that can squeak one through often enough anyway, but every match becomes a game of can the other team score before Charlotte wakes up. Need the attacks to be more deliberate 

I give Fuchs a lot of crap but he gets it

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFC/status/1520781629156995072?s=20&t=pQKj8XwwCq4m98QhBUdWLg

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

With a lead or playing at home we're like a completely different team. Without that the attacks are uncoordinated and lack any sort of vision. We have enough playmakers that can squeak one through often enough anyway, but every match becomes a game of can the other team score before Charlotte wakes up. Need the attacks to be more deliberate 

I give Fuchs a lot of crap but he gets it

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFC/status/1520781629156995072?s=20&t=pQKj8XwwCq4m98QhBUdWLg

fuging phenomenal interview, it’s a shame we don’t have another option at LB (besides Mora - who I also am not a fan of). Fuchs in his older age needs to slide inside. He’s been great at CB when we play a back three.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:44 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

I’d switch the whole thing up next game… 

4-3-3 Triangle

GK - Kahlina

LB - Mora

LCB - Fuchs

RCB - Corujo

RB - Afful

CDM - Alcivar

CM - Ortiz

CM - Ruiz

LW - Bender

ST - Swiderski

RW - Jozwiak

It’s a shame Armour and Hegardt got hurt. I’d love to have Hegardt at CDM and Armour at LB right now.

MAR heard you on the 4-3-3 anyway

• Pie 1