• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3/6 Game Thread: Seattle Kraken @ Carolina 7PM Puck Drop

Anybodyhome

What I saw and heard last night:

Anderson, was reported, isn't injured. He skated earlier in the day and let RBA know he couldn't go. He may be just a little sore after a couple pretty hard collisions in net against Pittsburgh.

Stepan may be in RBA's doghouse over a penalty he took? Last time he played was Washington, I think, and his penalty didn't have any effect on the outcome of the game, so I'm not sure about this one. After all, the Canes took 6 penalties that night.

Nino is playing with a real chip on his shoulder lately. During TV timeouts last night he was having discussions with the refs on the ice. I think he gets whacked quite a bit and doesn't seem to get any calls his way. Regardless, I think he's more dangerous when he plays pissed, just like Staal.

The Kotkaniemi line took the opening face-offs last night for each period last night. That's about all we saw of that line as nothing much materialized. 

The "Breaking Ice" piece on Ethan Bear shown during the second intermission on the big screen was great. If you watch this and don't come away thinking this guy is one of your favorite Canes, you need counseling. Seriously, it was that good. Good enough I'm considering an Ethan Bear jersey. Watch here if you like:

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Anderson, was reported, isn't injured. He skated earlier in the day and let RBA know he couldn't go. He may be just a little sore after a couple pretty hard collisions in net against Pittsburgh.

Stepan may be in RBA's doghouse over a penalty he took? Last time he played was Washington, I think, and his penalty didn't have any effect on the outcome of the game, so I'm not sure about this one. After all, the Canes took 6 penalties that night.

Nino is playing with a real chip on his shoulder lately. During TV timeouts last night he was having discussions with the refs on the ice. I think he gets whacked quite a bit and doesn't seem to get any calls his way. Regardless, I think he's more dangerous when he plays pissed, just like Staal.

The Kotkaniemi line took the opening face-offs last night for each period last night. That's about all we saw of that line as nothing much materialized. 

The "Breaking Ice" piece on Ethan Bear shown during the second intermission on the big screen was great. If you watch this and don't come away thinking this guy is one of your favorite Canes, you need counseling. Seriously, it was that good. Good enough I'm considering an Ethan Bear jersey. Watch here if you like:

Definitely will have to check that out when I get home. 

21 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

When will our Russian goalie get some PT? End of the season? 

5 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

When will our Russian goalie get some PT? End of the season? 

Not likely to see the bigs this season and that's a good thing. They want to give him some time to get used to the game on North America. Also, the Canes are a legit Cup contender and need to win every game we can to make the playoff route the "easiest" possible. 

15 minutes ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Not likely to see the bigs this season and that's a good thing. They want to give him some time to get used to the game on North America. Also, the Canes are a legit Cup contender and need to win every game we can to make the playoff route the "easiest" possible. 

Eh. If we get an injury I would rather go with the 22 year old than Lyon's sorry ass. 

21 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Florida averages over 4 a game.

We'll see what happens tonite against another division leader in a Colorado Avs team which averages 3.91 per game.  

Lyon's not starting though. Raanta is. Which I'm fine with. It's Lyon I'm not okay with. 

2 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Lyon's not starting though. Raanta is. Which I'm fine with. It's Lyon I'm not okay with. 

But it does beg the question, if Raanta gives up 4 to the Avs, is he then in the same level as Lyon with you? It's a rhetorical question and I'm not trying to argue, I'm just sayin'...

I wasn't real enamored with Lyon, either, but taking everything into consideration, I don't think I expected anything more from him. I'll reserve judgment for the time being.

17 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

But it does beg the question, if Raanta gives up 4 to the Avs, is he then in the same level as Lyon with you? It's a rhetorical question and I'm not trying to argue, I'm just sayin'...

I wasn't real enamored with Lyon, either, but taking everything into consideration, I don't think I expected anything more from him. I'll reserve judgment for the time being.

I have a lot more faith in Raanta before last night. So no. Lyon is a retread. Time to give the young gun some run in my opinion instead of having Lyon as an emergency goalie. Just my thoughts on this though.