• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Mortem on the Watson Trade (from Albert Breer)

Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I told you that the Panthers were never really in the Watson trade. We were his last resort.  I'm so glad the Panthers didn't trade for that guy 

We're barely mentioned in that story "Oh yeah, the Panthers were in the running too."

Brutal - but I'm delighted he's gone elsewhere.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yea he’s fleecing the NFL. He didn’t care about winning by turning down better teams and didn’t care about being close to home doing the same thing. He cared about money and a middle finger to the NFL. Only the Browns would fall for it lol, this is gonna be bad.

He's gone to the most talented team imo.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The impression I get is that the people telling him the story didn't talk much about Carolina.

We weren't in the final 2. We aren't really part of this story. This really focuses on a chapter that didn't include us. This chapter begins once us and Cleveland are eliminated. I think you are overthinking it.

5 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

We weren't in the final 2. We aren't really part of this story. This really focuses on a chapter that didn't include us. This chapter begins once us and Cleveland are eliminated. I think you are overthinking it.

Between this and the reports that came out during the process, I don't really think we were important to the story at all.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Between this and the reports that came out during the process, I don't really think we were important to the story at all.

Probably not. We weren't part of any of the final considerations, but neither were a number of other teams. Only difference between us and indy, or philly, was that we got far enough along with mutual interest to get an interview. Watson's interest here was most likely due to location, which became obsolete once Atlanta was an option; because that was the real location of his interest.

Edited by Luciu5