• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell, UNC pro day Monday

MHS831

59 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm honestly gonna be mildly surprised if Howell isn't a Steeler. They've been all over him all year long.

They were there today and the announcers mentioned Tomlin wanting to see him--so Howell is going to put on a second passing exhibition

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

They were there today and the announcers mentioned Tomlin wanting to see him--so Howell is going to put on a second passing exhibition

Steelers reps were constant fixtures around UNC games and practices both all season long. I can't ever recall hearing as much chatter about one specific team being around UNC football as much as the Steelers were this year.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Steelers reps were constant fixtures around UNC games and practices both all season long. I can't ever recall hearing as much chatter about one specific team being around UNC football as much as the Steelers were this year.

I hear the same. It was the running joke steelers never hid their love. They always were wearing steelers merech, did seem odd.....hmmm  

14 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I think Howell is getting overlooked. He still had a solid year missing his weapons, with his shitty OL. Scouts are just down on him because he wasn’t as good as the year before. We saw what he can do with a couple weapons and decent OL protection and it was projecting him to be the top pick this year. 

Scouts aren't down on his production, they are down on his tape. 

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Scouts aren't down on his production, they are down on his tape. 

I’ve read they are down because he “regressed” this year. He regressed because he lost his weapons and his OL was awful. I’ve also see the one read and run comment in his draft profiles. He did this last year because his first read wasn’t open and his pocket was destroyed before he got to his second. It’s all relative from what I see. If you get him a decent OL and weapons (like ALL QBs need) you can get 2020 Howell.

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’ve read they are down because he “regressed” this year. He regressed because he lost his weapons and his OL was awful. I’ve also see the one read and run comment in his draft profiles. He did this last year because his first read wasn’t open and his pocket was destroyed before he got to his second. It’s all relative from what I see. If you get him a decent OL and weapons (like ALL QBs need) you can get 2020 Howell.

Yeah, I think that's draftniks saying that. I think they more down because he didn't "progress." 

His mechanics are gonna get him in trouble in the NFL.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Just a nice fair friendly bet, no mortgages involved. Just ava picture rights and lite ribbing. 

I just don't care about it. We watch teams make idiotic picks every year. Hell, we're Panthers fans. We get to watch it a lot. 😂

I just don't see any bragging rights about it.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just don't care about it. We watch teams make idiotic picks every year. Hell, we're Panthers fans. We get to watch it a lot. 😂

I just don't see any bragging rights about it.

Its fine, minor draft fun addition. 

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I’d like a trade down and draft Howell. He has proven he can be great with average OL play and some weapons like he did in 2020 and was ranked as a top pick before the season. Even with his OL collapsing and weapons going pro he did put up solid numbers and kept UNC somewhat competitive. You also get a young local talent at QB to get the fans excited plus whatever you can add from the trade down. One could argue Howell is as good as any other QB in this class. 

• Pie 2