• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Coyotes. Canes after dark

Panthers Fan 69

16 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I really don't want to be that guy defending Raanta but you really don't understand how hockey is played if you're pinning all of that on him.

With the way he's played lately. I think it's perfectly acceptable to pin it on him. HE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. 

3 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

With the way he's played lately. I think it's perfectly acceptable to pin it on him. HE SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. 

I can only conclude you are a recent addition to Hockey fandom, at this point it's pretty safe to say all of our Goalies under Rod BA have been "system goalies" aka they are only as good as the defense we play in front of them.... combined with our usual dominance in offensive zone time..... I'm not thrilled with Raanta or Anderson right now yet statistically they are both top 14 Goalies this year. Now compare that to what Nedeljkovic or Mrazek have done respectively.

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I can only conclude you are a recent addition to Hockey fandom, at this point it's pretty safe to say all of our Goalies under Rod BA have been "system goalies" aka they are only as good as the defense we play in front of them.... combined with our usual dominance in offensive zone time..... I'm not thrilled with Raanta or Anderson right now yet statistically they are both top 14 Goalies this year. Now compare that to what Nedeljkovic or Mrazek have done respectively.

Yes. Brand new fan here. Since 2010 I've watched the Canes. Went to my first game in 2013 (have been to over 20 since then) when I moved up here. Ended up in the 300 section. Moved down to the 100 section numerous times because no one was sitting down there (5 bucks for the 300 level by the way). Justin Faulk is still one of my favorite players for putting up with how God awful this franchise was for over a decade and being pure class while doing it. And the stadium having maybe 500 people in it total at times on Friday nights. Yep. Brand new fan to the Canes.

Since we dispelled that stupid ass notion lets get to the rest of your stuff. Raanta is a JAG-Just another goalie. He has been hot ass this past month, that's what I said. And he has been. He will also be released this offseason to call up Pyotr, you can bet on that. So in essence, you're comparing one JAG to two other JAG's. Congrats on that. Ned was average, so was Mrazek and so is Raanta. Thanks. 

Yes. Brand new fan here. Since 2010 I've watched the Canes. Went to my first game in 2013 (have been to over 20 since then) when I moved up here. Ended up in the 300 section. Moved down to the 100 section numerous times because no one was sitting down there (5 bucks for the 300 level by the way). Justin Faulk is still one of my favorite players for putting up with how God awful this franchise was for over a decade and being pure class while doing it. And the stadium having maybe 500 people in it total at times on Friday nights. Yep. Brand new fan to the Canes.

Since we dispelled that stupid ass notion lets get to the rest of your stuff. Raanta is a JAG-Just another goalie. He has been hot ass this past month, that's what I said. And he has been. He will also be released this offseason to call up Pyotr, you can bet on that. So in essence, you're comparing one JAG to two other JAG's. Congrats on that. Ned was average, so was Mrazek and so is Raanta. Thanks. 

Yes they are all JAGs....bingo, 2010 some rough years there, I became a fan the season of our Cup sweep, had nose bleed seats to all of our playoff games in 2003 (High Schooler working at a Dominos) With 82 games nothing is do or die the playoff field is set have to get through them all eventually just dependant on if you need to steal a road game in a few series.

• Beer 1

Matt dude you have to relax.  It’s just hockey. Canes didn’t get here by luck. They are good and will be ok. 

10 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Yes they are all JAGs....bingo, 2010 some rough years there, I became a fan the season of our Cup sweep, had nose bleed seats to all of our playoff games in 2003 (High Schooler working at a Dominos) With 82 games nothing is do or die the playoff field is set have to get through them all eventually just dependant on if you need to steal a road game in a few series.

I agree with most of your takes by the way. I remember those years where we finished dead last in the Division man. Those were some bad, bad teams. 

• Pie 1

Unlike the NFL, where every game matters, the NHL schedule allows for the occasional lapse in performance without it killing your chances of a playoff spot. There's a reason it's called the second season.

Another thing to consider is scheduling this season and how the league really didn't do the Canes any favors. There was a 12 day stretch over the Christmas holidays when the Canes had 4 games (Preds, Bruins, Sens and Panthers) postponed due to COVID. So, while the rest of the league lost their Olympic time off because the US decided not to send NHL players, the Canes got screwed when the league rescheduled those missed games and stacked up 3 back-to-back game sets in a 6 week period. How many times in the last month have you heard, "4 games in 6 days?"

Given the fact there's no break between the end of the season and the playoffs, the Canes aren't getting more than a couple days off at any time going forward, unless they sweep someone in a playoff series and can wait a few days for an opponent. 

45 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Unlike the NFL, where every game matters, the NHL schedule allows for the occasional lapse in performance without it killing your chances of a playoff spot. There's a reason it's called the second season.

Another thing to consider is scheduling this season and how the league really didn't do the Canes any favors. There was a 12 day stretch over the Christmas holidays when the Canes had 4 games (Preds, Bruins, Sens and Panthers) postponed due to COVID. So, while the rest of the league lost their Olympic time off because the US decided not to send NHL players, the Canes got screwed when the league rescheduled those missed games and stacked up 3 back-to-back game sets in a 6 week period. How many times in the last month have you heard, "4 games in 6 days?"

Given the fact there's no break between the end of the season and the playoffs, the Canes aren't getting more than a couple days off at any time going forward, unless they sweep someone in a playoff series and can wait a few days for an opponent. 

Those breaks after sweeps can actually hurt you. Remember 2019 when the canes were absolute red hot after sweeping the islanders? Then that layoff cooled them down and they got swept by Boston. 
Best thing the canes can do is just keep playing and gain momentum.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Best regular season in franchise history (points) but yeah we suck.

I don't think anyone is saying we suck (I sure hope not at least). I'm just not a Raanta fan. Never have. I hate JAG's. I just do. Wasn't a Mrazek fan. I thought Ned had a semblance of potential, but when a whole staff is down on you? Yeah. Not a good look. 

• Pie 1