• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs planes thread

Panthers Fan 69

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

Svech is going to be really good and has shown tremendous improvement this year. Counting him out long term at 22 just seems incredibly dumb imo. 

You can see his growth too. He isn’t taking nearly as many “stupid” penalties as he was last season and for the first stretch of this one. 

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

He's absolutely dominated the games at times lately. It might not have always led to goals scored by him, but it's led to goals regardless. The Slavin goal from last night as a recent example.

We need go to scoring more than great passers of the puck at this point. Svech went 16 games with just 1 goal in February/March. And went 11 games without a goal in December. Can't do that when you're supposed to be a star. 

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

You can see his growth too. He isn’t taking nearly as many “stupid” penalties as he was last season and for the first stretch of this one. 

He's still made some stupid penalties this year, just not as many as last year. 

Edited by NCTHFL0567

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Svech is going to be really good and has shown tremendous improvement this year. Counting him out long term at 22 just seems incredibly dumb imo. 

Hes been a solid player, but he was expected to be a go to guy. It's been 4 years and he's still not that. Kind of disappointing so far. 

2 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

We need go to scoring more than great passers of the puck at this point. Svech went 16 games with just 1 goal in February/March. And went 11 games without a goal in December. Can't do that when you're supposed to be a star. 

I suspect that his consistency will continue to improve with age. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Hes been a solid player, but he was expected to be a go to guy. It's been 4 years and he's still not that. Kind of disappointing so far. 

You keep saying this but considering the start of said "4 year" period he was a teenager, I'm not really taking this point very seriously. 

12 minutes ago, Floppin said:

You keep saying this but considering the start of said "4 year" period he was a teenager, I'm not really taking this point very seriously. 

When you're supposed to be this offensive juggernaut as his scouting report/Draft profile said he was going to be. By year 4, you're supposed to show some semblance of that. 

His Draft comparisons were Ovi and Vladimer Tarasenko.

Ovi year 4 goals: 56 goals Clearly that's a way off projection.

Tarasenko's year 4 goals: 40 goals. This isn't going to happen. He might finish with 32 if he's lucky.

“Svechnikov has every offensive skill one would want in a player. He has a fantastic wrist shot with a bullet-quick release. He also has an excellent snapshot and a great one-timer. His shooting arsenal is elite, and NHL ready. His backhand is elite. A pure sniper, he can also tip-in pucks, and has the quick hands to finish on rebounds, or on dekes close to the net. "

This was his Draft profile. Hence the reason I'm saying what I'm saying. Don't take it serious, if you want. This is why I expected more. Because what this Draft Profile told me, isn't what I'm seeing on the ice. Not even close. According to his year to year stat output he had 24 goals in 68 games back in 19-20. Now he had 30 in 75. Seems like he's remaining close to the same player to me. Also had 37 assists back in 19-20. 

You keep saying he's "getting better" but looking at his present stats/facts, compared to his past stats/facts. I would say he's the same player. Shrugs. 

Edited by NCTHFL0567

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We kinda have that plus some now. I want both. Why not right?’  As far as those  other teams go in the playoffs, their goaltending always lets them down.   Same as us. Average goalies.  Playoffs need all phases going. ESP goalies. 

Goalies are only as good as the defense you play in front of them and keeping defensive zone time down.... Just look at Vassy this year. Even the greats these days have a lot of stinkers the ability to steal a few games you should lose is huge.... as well as the timing of big saves.... I'm always optimistic but I really do think in the future Kochetkov us our guy..... It's like I spent all pre season telling people not only would Jarvis make the team but he would make an impact... 

1 hour ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Everyone said that this year to be fair, and last year he was pretty bad in the grand scheme. I don't see it. After 4 years, if you haven't hit 40 goals in one season where he's been really healthy. Gives me tremendous pause going forward. 

LMFAO DUDE you are a trip.... after four years most top ten NHL picks are just getting into an NHL lineup, you mention generational talents that are top 5 players of the modern era and act like it's the NORM.

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

LMFAO DUDE you are a trip.... after four years most top ten NHL picks are just getting into an NHL lineup, you mention generational talents that are top 5 players of the modern era and act like it's the NORM.

MOST top 10 picks aren't having this kind of Draft profile:

“Svechnikov has every offensive skill one would want in a player. He has a fantastic wrist shot with a bullet-quick release. He also has an excellent snapshot and a great one-timer. His shooting arsenal is elite, and NHL ready. His backhand is elite. A pure sniper, he can also tip-in pucks, and has the quick hands to finish on rebounds, or on dekes close to the net. "

Svech was supposed to be a star by now, and you guys continue to ignore this. But I digress. 

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

You think Tarasenko is a generational talent? God almighty. 

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

You think Tarasenko is a generational talent? God almighty. 

I would love you to include a link these "comparisons" because it looks to me like you are oh their Russian they play the same. 

Tarasenko before the injury bug bit him was certainly off to that kind of start... the guy also did lead the blues to a cup.

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

This^^^^^. Players like Ovi are generational players they don’t come around often.  Ovi and Crosby are in their mid to late 30s. Svech is 22. Gotta give them time.  A lot of these guys that are generational definitely start in the AHL and work out. 37 has been in the big leagues since he was a teenager. In five years svetch could and probably will be the best player on this team scoring 50 goals. He’s not there right now but he will definitely get there. 

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

MOST top 10 picks aren't having this kind of Draft profile:

“Svechnikov has every offensive skill one would want in a player. He has a fantastic wrist shot with a bullet-quick release. He also has an excellent snapshot and a great one-timer. His shooting arsenal is elite, and NHL ready. His backhand is elite. A pure sniper, he can also tip-in pucks, and has the quick hands to finish on rebounds, or on dekes close to the net. "

Svech was supposed to be a star by now, and you guys continue to ignore this. But I digress. 

Dude I’m trying to be partial with everyone here but he is only 22 years old my guy. Go easy on him he’s got a long career. This is not like the NFL where guys in their fourth year should be all pros.  that’s not how this works