• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs planes thread

Panthers Fan 69

10 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I think the original point was just a Canes right now don’t have an all pure goal score plain and simple. 37 and 20 are great goal scorers and can play both ways which is what this team absolutely needs but when we need a pure goal it’s not there. I’m not arguing any difference on what everyone saying. I agree with everyone for the most part actually. 20 and 37 are exactly what this team needs as cornerstones. They play great defense and great all fits. They absolutely can and probably will get there as pure goal scorers. Let’s not also forget the third intangible outside of offense and great defense is leader ship. 20 is a great leader and 37 is becoming a great leader. That’s the most underrated aspect they’re learning from 11 and Rod

It's looking like Jarvis will be the best player from the 2020 NHL draft.... I'm telling you going forward he's gonna drop 40 a season easy as pie.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I think the original point was just a Canes right now don’t have an all pure goal score plain and simple. 37 and 20 are great goal scorers and can play both ways which is what this team absolutely needs but when we need a pure goal it’s not there. I’m not arguing any difference on what everyone saying. I agree with everyone for the most part actually. 20 and 37 are exactly what this team needs as cornerstones. They play great defense and great all fits.

Michael Jordan averaged 17.7 points per game at UNC because that's how Dean Smith built the team. A team built with guys who all scored in the double digits, which meant they were putting up 77 per game.

Put a McDavid on the Canes and he'll get his 50+, but Aho and Svech will be reduced to 15-20 each instead of their combined 66 and this team is nowhere close to the +69 in goals scored.

No way I'm trading the current lineup for a 50+ goal scorer.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Michael Jordan averaged 17.7 points per game at UNC because that's how Dean Smith built the team. A team built with guys who all scored in the double digits, which meant they were putting up 77 per game.

Put a McDavid on the Canes and he'll get his 50+, but Aho and Svech will be reduced to 15-20 each instead of their combined 66 and this team is nowhere close to the +69 in goals scored.

No way I'm trading the current lineup for a 50+ goal scorer.

If that were the situation then I agree with you.

5 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's looking like Jarvis will be the best player from the 2020 NHL draft.... I'm telling you going forward he's gonna drop 40 a season easy as pie.

Jarvie reminds me of Skinner except with a better attitude and hopefully can stay healthy.  That shows you how good this organization has become at drafting players when they can start immediately. 

9 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Jarvie reminds me of Skinner except with a better attitude and hopefully can stay healthy.  That shows you how good this organization has become at drafting players when they can start immediately. 

Jarvis actually plays defense, Skinner could score and had the same type of scoring but he made no attempt whatsoever to play defense +/- gets a bad wrap but in his case it's completely accurate he is -143 for his career he could score but what the heck did it matter when his guy was getting two to his one.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Eh. If he wasn't so bad last year, and basically putting up the same stats as he did in year 2 I would be a bit more optimistic. I expected a big jump after last year. And all we got was year 2 again. 

It's almost like we had a global pandemic that made his second and third seasons only have a combined 120 games.... And severely limited NHL practice... even this season *nope that totally wouldn't hinder any young players development*

Jespari K was drafted the pick after him....

You give off a preeminent vibe of someone who isn't a real hockey fan and/or is under the age of 18.

• Flames 1

Did you not see the net-front on the PP goal to get the Canes on the board?

Did you not see the work, shot, retrieval, shot, rebound that got Slavin's goal?

Both of those are on Svech, and I don't think he got credit for an assist for either. But those goals were as much his as Turbo's or Slavin's.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Did you not see the net-front on the PP goal to get the Canes on the board?

Did you not see the work, shot, retrieval, shot, rebound that got Slavin's goal?

Both of those are on Svech, and I don't think he got credit for an assist for either. But those goals were as much his as Turbo's or Slavin's.

I don't think I'm going to waste any more typing on this guy, he just keeps referring to "draft comparisons" and box line stats (which it should be noted that Svechnikov would go #1 overall in a 2018 hindsight draft.

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's almost like we had a global pandemic that made his second and third seasons only have a combined 120 games.... And severely limited NHL practice... even this season *nope that totally wouldn't hinder any young players development*

Jespari K was drafted the pick after him....

You give off a preeminent vibe of someone who isn't a real hockey fan and/or is under the age of 18.

I also feel like getting his head bounced off the ice by bitchass Ovi set him back a bit, I feel like it took a while to get his confidence and aggressiveness back. 

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I also feel like getting his head bounced off the ice by bitchass Ovi set him back a bit, I feel like it took a while to get his confidence and aggressiveness back. 

Svechnikov has worked hard to up his weight class, but I tend to agreed he was an 18 year old 178 pound 6'2 kid who shouldn't have tried to drop them with a 240 pound 36 year old.