• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Panthers should take a QB (article)

Growl

1 minute ago, Growl said:

At some point you have to sack up and try

this team hasn’t made a single attempt to replace cam Newton, they’ve drawn it out playing games deluding themselves waiting for the perfect storm to come along and pass down the perfect QB prospect at the bottom of the top 10

it isn’t going to happen.

be a man Dave 

I'd rather sack up and try in a better situation with better prospects and more control..

Not when you have 1 pick in the top 125..

Not when you have a lame duck coaching staff..

Not when the prospect are all not considered  to be top 20 player in that draft..

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'd rather sack up and try in a better situation with better prospects and more control..

Not when you have 1 pick in the top 125..

Not when you have a lame duck coaching staff..

Not when the prospect are all not considered  to be top 20 player in that draft..

stop answering all my posts weirdo

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

you’re welcome to do it 

I don't have to.. I already know the the reality is Good to Avg LT are not available in FA .. If you want to secure that position you do it in the draft.. 

But thank you for the exercise in futility..

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Again I asked which 1 of these guys comes In with the 6'5 240 pound frame and top 3 QB arm in the league??

This is why he was worth the risk and considered a better Prospect then any QB in this draft??

You said he also never had a statistical season like Allen’s sophomore season. Just showing you that’s wrong. Also showed where they graded Watson lower than Pickett. It’s tough to evaluate these QBs…

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I don't have to.. I already know the the reality is Good to Avg LT are not available in FA .. If you want to secure that position you do it in the draft.. 

But thank you for the exercise in futility..

didn’t like the results huh

Just now, ForJimmy said:

You said he also never had a statistical season like Allen’s sophomore season. Just showing you that’s wrong. Also showed where they graded Watson lower than Pickett. It’s tough to evaluate these QBs…

I was thinking about Herbert JR season.. Allen was based on physical abilities..

And that Pickett poo is based on 1 season.. Everybody is trying to neglect 4 season before when he was a undrafted FA worthy prospect..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deshaun-watson-1.html

To

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kenny-pickett-1.html

What were they watching then??

7 minutes ago, Growl said:

didn’t like the results huh

I see why ppl don't give your opinion any credibility now..

You seriously say something and then want other to do the research to make your point valid..

Lmao..

Do you honestly think this Jedi mind trick is working?? Lol

Edited by WOW!!

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I was thinking about Herbert JR season.. Allen was based on physical abilities..

And that Pickett poo is based on 1 season.. Everybody is trying to neglect 4 season before when he was a undrafted FA worthy prospect..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/deshaun-watson-1.html

To

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kenny-pickett-1.html

What were they watching then??

Hey I'm not arguing on Pickett, just showing how some scouts/places have him rated and how they were lower on Watson then they should be.  There is so many variables which is why we are able to make this any sort of debate/discussion.  I'm with you though in thinking this is the draft to take our LT at 6 (providing one of the big 3 are still there).  I think I'm leaning towards one of the 3 LTs, then 2 DEs, then trade down if possible.  If we don't draft a QB I think trading for Baker for the cheap might be our outcome with the least amount of long term damage.  Baker with our new OL could make games more watchable this year.  

• Flames 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Hey I'm not arguing on Pickett, just showing how some scouts/places have him rated and how they were lower on Watson then they should be.  There is so many variables which is why we are able to make this any sort of debate/discussion.  I'm with you though in thinking this is the draft to take our LT at 6 (providing one of the big 3 are still there).  I think I'm leaning towards one of the 3 LTs, then 2 DEs, then trade down if possible.  If we don't draft a QB I think trading for Baker for the cheap might be our outcome with the least amount of long term damage.  Baker with our new OL could make games more watchable this year.  

And I actually like Wills and would be way more comfortable with picking him if

1. The top 3 Tackles are gone and no good trade down scenario..

2. If we were in a different situation with draft assets and coaching security situation..

His physical talent alone is a reason to take the big swing I think this team should make in a different scenario..

But at this point I don't want to waste this pick on a player who is starting day 1 or isn't a for sure asset to a new coaching staff..

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Growl said:

At some point you have to sack up and try

this team hasn’t made a single attempt to replace cam Newton, they’ve drawn it out playing games deluding themselves waiting for the perfect storm to come along and pass down the perfect QB prospect at the bottom of the top 10

it isn’t going to happen.

be a man Dave 

I mean the perfect storm literally happened the last draft.   and they drafted a CB when Fields fell to them. 

23 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Watson was the best player in college football his during the span of his last 2 seasons in college.  It doesn't have to be hard.  People make things hard. 

Watson was in a different tier than Pickett.