• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Good of a person is Cam..

WOW!!

19 hours ago, Tyler Waves said:

Yeah so many people paint him as an asshole because of the trash talk and norman fight. What it boils down to is his competitiveness, same as Steve Smith. Two of the GOATs. 

Steve Smith was an asshole, violent and to quick with his mouth and hands around his teammates.

Cam just does his own thing and does no harm. Two different type people 

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

You know lots of businesses actually lose money...

...especially those owned by pro athletes who have lots of "family" members with snouts in the trough 😏.

Bet those articles don't discuss profitability huh 🤔?

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You know lots of businesses actually lose money...

...especially those owned by pro athletes who have lots of "family" members with snouts in the trough 😏.

Bet those articles don't discuss profitability huh 🤔?

Lmao.. I'm not arguing with you bro.  It's not worth

Dude is worth 75 million.. I know you're bigtime but for us regular folks that's generational wealth alone.. 

Dude has a Productions company, clothing line, a hot cigar bar, thriving internet presence, buying into a 7v7 league for high schooler (side note do you know how much AAU basketball is worth) if he can get amateur football even close to that?? Whew!!

Not to mention again his foundation and other business ventures..

If you don't think he's got profitable businesses outside of football??

Okay 

Agree to disagree..

Smh

10 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

That's quite literally just what he earned from contracts it doesn't include the endorsements, I think Cam will be just fine. 

The story had endorsement money in it as well.. 12mil on his biggest deal+ 122.5 mil is way short of "north of" 200mil.. Unless under armour Danon and Gatorade paid him 50 to 70 mill together it's going to come up a little short of 200 mil

Cam Newton Endorsements

Being a popular rising athlete, Cam Newton landed many endorsement deals with major brands such as Gatorade, Beats by Dre, Under Armour, Danon and Blek. According to Forbes, his deal with sportswear brand Under Armour earns him approximately $12 million, which includes a profit from every pair of cleats sold.

Newton lost his endorsement deal with yogurt brand Danon after he reportedly made a sexist remark against a female reporter during a press conference in 2017. Despite this, he continues to earn millions through ads

Edited by WOW!!

. CAM NEWTON

Value of largest endorsement dealOver $1 million per year with Under Armor

Total estimated value of all endorsements: $12 million from Under Armor, Gatorade, Danon, Beats, Belk and Electronic Arts

The exact value of Newton’s 2011 Under Armor deal hasn’t been revealed, but it is reportedly one of the most lucrative deals ever agreed to by an NFL player, with several sources reporting he earns more than $1 million per year from the sports apparel manufacturer. They extended their deal with Newton in 2015, making him their top-paid NFL endorser. Injuries caused Newton to miss much of the 2019 season, with rumors spreading that he’ll be traded in 2020.

Feb 2020

https://opendorse.com/blog/top-10-most-lucrative-nfl-endorsement-deals/

That's a long way from north of 200mil..

Unless in 2 years he cleared 70mil

Edited by WOW!!

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

. CAM NEWTON

Value of largest endorsement dealOver $1 million per year with Under Armor

Total estimated value of all endorsements: $12 million from Under Armor, Gatorade, Danon, Beats, Belk and Electronic Arts

The exact value of Newton’s 2011 Under Armor deal hasn’t been revealed, but it is reportedly one of the most lucrative deals ever agreed to by an NFL player, with several sources reporting he earns more than $1 million per year from the sports apparel manufacturer. They extended their deal with Newton in 2015, making him their top-paid NFL endorser. Injuries caused Newton to miss much of the 2019 season, with rumors spreading that he’ll be traded in 2020.

Feb 2020

https://opendorse.com/blog/top-10-most-lucrative-nfl-endorsement-deals/

That's a long way from north of 200mil..

An average of 12m... Per year...  But I don't care enough to continue hence I concede.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/boardroom.tv/cam-newton-brand-value/amp/

22 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Ha ha man Cam at his prime was amazing. When I get depressed I'll often re-watch some 2015 games, specifically the Arizona playoff game. 

But dude come on... Cam could stiff arm DE's and truck stick LB's. CB's just got out of the way!! 😝

Oh yeah true he would absolutely steam roll linebackers and make defensive ends his bitch! God I miss those days!

18 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

That's quite literally just what he earned from contracts it doesn't include the endorsements, I think Cam will be just fine. 

The list of broke/bankrupt athletes with $100M+ of contractual earnings + other endorsement income...

...is very long.

The common troublesome themes are:

1.  Large entourage of family/friends with snouts in the trough.

2.  Multiple children with multiple women.  

3.  Businesses with family/friends on payroll.

4.  Conspicuous consumption of  high-ticket luxury cars/homes/jewelry, etc...

5.  Bad investments in long-shot business ideas...

...for starters 👍

PS:  Remember, the agent and the tax-man take a whopping cut of all those headline income-numbers and Cam's take is significantly less...

BE5F2896-CCFD-4290-96EC-20B72945A565.jpeg

10 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The list of broke/bankrupt athletes with $100M+ of contractual earnings + other endorsement income...

...is very long.

The common troublesome themes are:

1.  Large entourage of family/friends with snouts in the trough.

2.  Multiple children with multiple women.  

3.  Businesses with family/friends on payroll.

4.  Conspicuous consumption of  high-ticket luxury cars/homes/jewelry, etc...

5.  Bad investments in long-shot business ideas...

...for starters 👍

PS:  Remember, the agent and the tax-man take a whopping cut of all those headline income-numbers and Cam's take is significantly less...

BE5F2896-CCFD-4290-96EC-20B72945A565.jpeg

I'm well aware I just didn't feel like arguing it lol. Warren Sapp Mark Brunell Clinton Portis Bernie Kosar.... to name a few.

I wasn't going to point out that none of those investments fall into the category of a "need" industry and not a "want".

I just meant that if he hires a proper investing organization now he will probably never go broke.

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22
  • Beer 1